#1 piggylubber

piggylubber

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

PC running XP sp3

Virus protection: Avast! (free version)
Firewall: Sunbelt (free version)
Spyware blaster (free version-only for IE)

My problem is finding programs that handle Chrome. Spyware blaster is only for IE.. From what I *think* I understand, Avast! helps with spyware.

I feel like I should have more anti-spyware/malware options, but don't want to have a conflict and want them to work with Chrome.

Thanks for the help!

#2 dj07

dj07

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

I don’t think spyware blaster is available for chrome. You may install any other AV program for chrome like Immunet, Panda Cloud, Kaspersky or any other anti-malware program.

#3 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Malware Vigilante

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Please note that installing multiple antivirus programs can actually cause conflicts and reduce the quality of the your protection.

@piggylubber, you could try installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in addition. It runs separately and won't conflict with any of those programs. Otherwise you have a good security setup. :)

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend!

If I have helped you please consider donating to help keep this forum running; see this topic for more details.

unite_zpse83e3a16.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button