something is sending a virus link to contacts in my yahoo mail address book

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chad1793

chad1793

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

How is something sending a virus to my contacts in my address book on yahoo? I rarely even check this account.I have tried running AVG, Malewarebytes, spybot, and hijackthis and can not find anything. I have log files but do not know what to do I have also run DDS & checkup. Can someone please help.
Thank you,
Chad

EDIT: Most of our helpers will not download files that they did not specifically request... As you might guess, many malware criminals would love to infect their computers... We allow plenty of room in a post to copy/paste your logs, so please use it rather than attaching a file unless asked... Please read the instructions at the top of each forum and our FAQ... Thank you...

Edited by chad1793, 24 September 2010 - 09:05 PM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,487 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

#3 Rosty

Rosty

Forum Deity

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hi,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
My name is Rosty and I'm going to help you with your log.

1) Please download HijackThis from here.Save it to a permanent folder (such as C:\HJT).Next, open HijackThis, and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.A Notepad document will open. Please post the contents of that document.

2) You said that you've used MBAM already, please open MBAM and go ot hte tab "updates" and click on it.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process , if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

3) Please change your password for Yahoo. A good password consists of numbers and letters (at least 8) and is not your date of birth or something else.

Kind regards,

Rosty.

#4 Rosty

Rosty

Forum Deity

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:51 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed.If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.Everyone else, please begin a New Topic.

Edited by Rosty, 12 October 2010 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button