Last Updated: 2007-06-01 08:20:25 UTC ~ "PHP released PHP version 5.2.3.
From the release notes following security improvements have been made:
* Fixed an integer overflow inside chunk_split() (CVE-2007-2872)
* Fixed possible infinite loop in imagecreatefrompng. (CVE-2007-2756)
* Fixed ext/filter Email Validation Vulnerability (CVE-2007-1900)
* Fixed bug #41492 (open_basedir/safe_mode bypass inside realpath ())
* Improved fix for CVE-2007-1887 to work with non-bundled sqlite2 lib.
* Added mysql_set_charset() to allow runtime altering of connection encoding.
Take care with the fixes not listed as security related as there seem to be at least a few of them that are interesting from either a security application point of view, or just from an availability point of view. E.g.:
* Fixed bug #41353 (crash in openssl_pkcs12_read() on invalid input)
* Fixed bug #41347 (checkdnsrr() segfaults on empty hostname)
If you are on the 5.2 branch best to upgrade ASAP to 5.2.3 .
* Release announcement: http://www.php.net/releases/5_2_3.php
* Changelog: http://www.php.net/C...Log-5.php#5.2.3
* Download: http://www.php.net/downloads.php#v5
While recompiling and testing PHP, consider adding in Suhosin* from the hardened PHP project, it'll improve your security stance."
Release Date: 2007-06-01
Critical: Moderately critical
Impact: Unknown, Security Bypass
Where: From remote
Solution Status: Vendor Patch
Software: PHP 5.2.x ...
Solution: Update to version 5.2.3... http://www.php.net/downloads.php#v5
Original Advisory: http://www.php.net/releases/5_2_3.php
Edited by apluswebmaster, 01 June 2007 - 01:25 PM.