• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hyphz

hyphz

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Hi,

I visited this site (www.warriorsforinnocence.org) while trying to find out about a recent scandal on LiveJournal.

Only later did I see reports in several places that the site is "loaded with Spyware".

I have nothing abnormal in AdAware, SpyBot or HijackThis but of course negative evidence is not proof. Can any expert check it out and see if there's anything there?

Thank.

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

Nothing untoward showing up in the Page source, just a few Javascripts. Where did you see the reports about the site being loded with Spyware?
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 hyphz

hyphz

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

Nothing untoward showing up in the Page source, just a few Javascripts. Where did you see the reports about the site being loded with Spyware?

www.google.com/trends/hottrends?q=warriors+for+innocence&date=2007-5-30&sa=X
"WARNING: some BB readers report that the site is spyware-laden."

catrinella.livejournal.com/151812.html?style=mine
"FYI: People are reporting spyware infestations after visiting the WFI site."

http://www.haloscan....17641029545180/
"I then attempted using Internet Explorer, as that is still the staple browser used on the 'net. Again, I experienced a lag, although slighter this time, and received a lot of active x warnings. (I don't keep "active x" on except with a few trusted websites; instead, it's commanded to prompt in each case.) After browsing the homepage of the warriors site, I again closed the browser and scanned. This time, my scanners found a collective 189 new objects. Because IE does use active x (and the other browsers do not), a lot of spy/malware was able to sneak onto my system."

www.ljtop.com/alert_wfi_site_may_infect_your_computer_programs_to_215288981.html
Some computers have allegedly become seriously infected with spyware if you surf over to "Warriors for Innocence" ...

#4 racooper

racooper

Master of my own Domain

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:54 AM

They sure have a lot of javascript (most of it, if not all, from blogger.com or related urls), but I can't find anything overtly malicious in the source. What I am reading is that WFI has claimed some responsibility for some of the LiveJournal deletions a few weeks ago, and may be the victim of targeted rumors by some of the pedophilia "community" after their journals were removed for violating LJ's terms of service. Running their homepage through vURL didn't show up any active infectors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button