Internet Browser shuts down when certain words are typed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dthabateman

dthabateman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

Sorry, I cannot post a log because whatever is causing my problem prevents hijack this from running on my computer.

Whenever I type words such as hijackthis, spyware, etc. into my internet browser, or rename any file with those names, whatever program being utilized, whether it be internet explorer, firefox, or even notepad immediately shuts down.

I've run spyware scans with spy sweeper, Dr. Web, and McAfee anti virus, and cannot find the cause.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Sincerely,
Danny

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

#3 Kjell S.

Kjell S.

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

To fix this, delete hjthis101.dll

Sorry, I cannot post a log because whatever is causing my problem prevents hijack this from running on my computer.

Whenever I type words such as hijackthis, spyware, etc. into my internet browser, or rename any file with those names, whatever program being utilized, whether it be internet explorer, firefox, or even notepad immediately shuts down.

I've run spyware scans with spy sweeper, Dr. Web, and McAfee anti virus, and cannot find the cause.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Sincerely,
Danny

I have found the problem!

It is the Trojan.AVKiller.Agent.C

Search the registry for the file HJTHIS101.DLL

This file is also found at WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/hjthis101.dll

Rename or dele the file and then reboot and WOILA! :-)

Here is my previous post abt this problem:

http://forums.spywar...h...c=98772&hl=

I can not see any suspicious .exe file running at all.

This must be another kind of process, but even searches for running processes have still not been given me any clue to what this behaviour is controlled by.

The only abnormal thing (normally) is a slow boot.

Here are some typical signs of the problem:

If I type words like:
SPYWARE
HIJACKTHIS
TESTSPYWAREWORDS

in search field of for example Google, the browser (not only ie) will instantly shut down!

Doing same thing in a new window makes that window go to the background, and software make sur it is at the background of everything every half second or so. It can not be scrolled or anything at all, and I will have to stop the process of running browser completely to get out of it. With an error message, of course.

If I type S P Y W A R E or H I J A C K T H I S then Google will display the result, but whatever link to a spyware site will make the browser shut down at once.

I can not go to f. example the HIJACKTHIS website.

If I try to install and run the file, even after changing the filename to something very different, the programme will be shut down within one second!

This makes it almost impossible to search for any solution from my computer, and will have to use another computer to search for possible fixes. Still no luck on this very problem, though.

Can anyone please tell me what files to remove..??

Thank you a lot for any given help on this issue!

:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button