Extremely infected, antispyware possibly infected too

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

Leading up to infection, I was using Internet Explorer browser and had a paid version of Norton installed. Norton kept saying it was successfully blocking ataks against my system. However, the second I downloaded a video requiring active-x (it claimed), my system became infected.

I went to norton's technical support chat room, they said, "your system is extremely infected, pay us lots of money to help you."

I tried the trial version of avg and it got some of the viruses norton couldn't, but my system remained infected. I tried spybot search and destroy, and i don't know how much it actually helped.

I tried the free version of avg anti-spyware (and the avg antirootkit) and it is still on my computer, and has consistently been detecting infected tracking cookies every scan, even consecutive scans, sometimes when i'm not even connected to the internet. certain trojans and cookies cannot be deleted because something hijacks avg.

the same happens w/ other antispyware devices. mwav eliminated some threats but now won't delete anything unless i pay money for the real version of the product, and i'v only had a few days.

Every time I reboot the computer, when I get to windows, HP Windows installer tries and fails to install something (according to the screen).

Spyware Doctor detected these viruses (and refuses to delete unless I pay for the product):

Starware (140 infections)
Advertising (13 infections)
Tracking cookies (14 infections)
Known Bad Sites (10 infections)
PSGuard Desktop Hijacker (14 Infections)
Trojan.PWS.Tanspy (11 infections)
Comet Cursor (87 infections)

I found a version of adaware I could download at download.com, it told me i had to register before i could delete any of the threats detected, and to pay money to do so, and after i closed it it kept poping up a reminder about the threats even after i selected not to be reminded about the threats. (it had an option not to be reminded, which remained checked after i checked it even when the box kept poping up to remind me anyway)

I have downloaded Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard onto my system w/in past 24 hours.

I don't know if it's related, but the electricity in my entire house went out yesterday when I was looking up antimalware info on a message board (www.straightdope.com general questions malware thread directed me here), and cut back on immediately afterwards

CWShredder didn't detect anything.

V0250Cfg.exe seems to be sitting in my norton recycle (antivirus detected this file as a trojon but had difficulty deleting, at first refused to then later agreed to), along with other questionable files, like a vortec irc log file i don't recognize with a questionable name i definitely would have remembered

Before I download anything else, I would like some advice!

Here's what's actually running right now: Norton, AVG, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, Avast, mwav, cwshredder, ewido_micro (also ran this and deleted some virus, don't remember exact results), and the version of Adaware I managed to download from download.com i don't think i uninstalled but i can't find it and the popup reminder thing seems to have went away. If I shuld uninstall some of this stuff so as to maximize the performance about what i keep, advice? i'v had _a computer_ since Christmas, that's it, so i'm very ignorant concerning these matters

Also, possibly unrelated: I think my fortunecity account might be infected, but I can't be sure, lots of signs: the text is butchered when switching between html and text editor in often strange ways, i think subtle alterations on the website itself occur, and when i used a friend's computer, all i did was edit my website and they immediately afterward asked me what i did to slow down their computer. a friend told me the server is merely so old and unused it is easy to hack

Here is the log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:56:39 PM, on 6/3/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert\AdwareAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdtrayapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zO1BB.tmp\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.c...h...DTP&M=C6535
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.c...h...DTP&M=C6535
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://as.starware.c...1XJICtaTp4q6A==
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://as.starware.c...dgBENe0w0A xMg=
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gateway.c...h...DTP&M=C6535
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: ScriptInocUI Class - - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O2 - BHO: XTTBPos00 - {055FD26D-3A88-4e15-963D-DC8493744B1D} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdwareAlert] C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert\AdwareAlert.exe -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Orb] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Orb\bin\OrbTray.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdwareAlert] "C:\Program Files\AdwareAlert\AdwareAlert.exe" -boot
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Norton GoBack.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - http://favorites.liv...m/quickadd.aspx
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new background tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/229?7bf9217dad7a4725be550f790aeeac55
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new foreground tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/230?7bf9217dad7a4725be550f790aeeac55
O9 - Extra button: Express Cleanup - {5E638779-1818-4754-A595-EF1C63B87A56} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Cleanup\WCQuick.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Express Cleanup - {5E638779-1818-4754-A595-EF1C63B87A56} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Cleanup\WCQuick.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://symantec.atgn...oad/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: GoBack Polling Service (GBPoll) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton UnErase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Doctor Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Doctor Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Log 2 *(TODAY):

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 7:26:56 PM, on 6/5/2007
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.c...h...DTP&M=C6535
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.c...h...DTP&M=C6535
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security 2006 - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Norton GoBack.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://symantec.atgn...oad/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Internet Security Password Validation (ccISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: GoBack Polling Service (GBPoll) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton UnErase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Doctor Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
O23 - Service: Spyware Doctor Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~3\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 9704 bytes

Edited by KBUpdike, 05 June 2007 - 09:28 PM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

Hello,

Print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.

Disable SpywareGuard:
You have SpywareGuard installed. While this is a great program, we need to temporarily disable (not uninstall) the program because it might stop our fix.
  • Right click the running icon ofSpywareGuard, it will open the program.
  • Then go to Menu, file, exit.
  • Then confirm the program is closed.
After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable SpywareGuard again.

Disable TeaTimer:
Please disable TeaTimer as it may hinder the removal of some entries. You can re-enable it after you're clean.
To disable TeaTimer:
  • Run Spybot-S&D
  • Go to the Mode menu , and make sure "Advanced Mode " is selected
  • On the left hand side, choose Tools -> Resident
  • Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer " and OK any prompts
  • Restart your computer.
After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable TeaTimer again.

Disable Spyware Doctor:
Please disable Spyware Doctor, as it may interfere with the fix. To disable Spyware Doctor:
  • Click the Spyware Doctor icon in the System Tray.
  • Click Settings.
  • Click Startup Settings under Pick a Category.
  • Uncheck Run at Windows startup.
  • Click Apply and Exit Spyware Doctor
Once your log is clean you can re-enable Spyware Doctor.

Close all programs leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following, making sure you get them all and not any others by mistake:

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.
Include a fresh HijackThis log for review.

Let me know what problem persist.

Read this article.
Take a look at this page created by miekiemoes, one of the Global Moderators here, on slow systems, and some things you can try to do to try to improve it:
http://users.telenet...owcomputer.html
Pay attention to Section 2. Two or more security software programs running.
Decide which one you want to keep and remove the other.
Make sure the one you keep is up to date.
nasdaq

Favorite tools: [ SpywareBlaster ] [ Spybot ] [ AdAware ] [ HijackThis ]
[ Housecall online virus scan ] [ Bitdefender online virus scan ]
[ AVG antivirus ] [ Sunbelt Personal Firewall ] [ ZoneAlarm firewall ]

My help is free, but if we have helped you in anyway,please considerDonating ,
see this topic for details.
We need members like you.

========
Shouldn't water be worth more than diamonds?
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#4 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

Scan saved at 7:51:58 PM, on 6/11/2007

Running processes:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

--
End of file - 5737 bytes

notice how the deleted gateway.com, ect, entries keep coming back...

Second Log

inst.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL Downloads\triton_suite_install_6.0.28.3;Probably BACKDOOR.Trojan;Incurable.Deleted.;
ScanningProcess.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp;Probably BACKDOOR.Trojan;Incurable.Deleted.;
A0252396.exe;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F845E3DB-F751-4BE4-A620-64F2CA1BFB5F}\RP392;Probably BACKDOOR.Trojan;Incurable.Deleted.;

If that looks a bit muddled, it is because I do not have excel

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:50 AM

Download: DelDomains.inf

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf

Right-click on the deldomains.inf file and select 'Install'.

Let me know what problem persists.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#6 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

I have a foxfire browser, do i need explorer to open the file?

it doesn't seem to be right-click-able

#7 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:09 AM

What happens if you double click it?
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#8 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

It highlights the link, which I paste into my browser, coming to a blank page document with the following information:

; DelDomains.inf 11-28-04 | Revised 01-15-06
; Created by: Mike Burgess Microsoft MVP
; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
;
; Warning: Deletes all entries in the Restricted & Trusted Zone list
; http://mvps.org/winh.../restricted.htm
;
; Revised to include the EscDomains key
;
; To execute this file: in Explorer - right-click (this file)
; Select Install from the Menu.
; Note: you will not see any onscreen action.

[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
DelReg=DelTemps
AddReg=AddTemps

[DelTemps]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains"

; Recreate the keys to avoid a restart

[AddTemps]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains"

#9 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

The file is good.

Your file association for .inf file must be corrupted

Download the .inf fix from this page.

http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Instructions how to run it one the page. When done run the DelDomains.inf

Previously downloaded.

nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#10 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

Scan saved at 3:49:01 PM, on 6/15/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

--
End of file - 5889 bytes

That was the most recent hijackthis logfile.

i had to use an explorer browser to download the file, i did so from a google search engine, and ran it, like you requested

#11 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:36 AM

The RO items are still there.

Execute these instructions to remove them.

; Instructions: Copy and paste this text IN BOLD into a text editor such as Notepad.
;
; Save this text as Fix.reg. Make sure the "Save as type:" is "All Files (*.*)" and save it to your desktop.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://ie.search.msn...t/srchasst.htm"
"CustomizeSearch"="http://ie.search.msn...t/srchcust.htm"

; Double-click on Fix.reg. When it asks you to merge the information to the registry click Yes.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#12 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

Scan saved at 11:11:40 AM, on 6/16/2007

Running processes:

--
End of file - 5879 bytes

I did as you requested. Before all that, when Norton first opened up as i turned on the computer, i was informed spyware sheriff was detected and placed in quar. after a scan

(edit)also, just now, something attempted to delete a value of avg and spybot blocked the attempt, this happened constantly, and after i clicked "remember this decision," the box kept coming up for "value deleted"

(edit) this is still happening, as a matter of fact. quote: Resident denied the change of !AVG Anti-Spyware (Category System Startup global entry) based on your black list.

Edited by KBUpdike, 16 June 2007 - 06:06 PM.

#13 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:31 AM

The good news is that your log is clean. Let me see what else we can find.

Download this file - combofix.exe

and save it to your desktop (Important). Also save the below command in Notepad as a text file so that you can copy/paste in safe mode.

"%userprofile%\desktop\combofix.exe"

Boot into safe mode by tapping the F8 key just before Windows starts to load.

go to start --> run and copy/paste in the following:

"%userprofile%\desktop\combofix.exe"

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Save it and post that log in your next reply.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

In your next post, please include
  • new hijackthis log
  • combofix log
*use separate posts to ensure the logs don't get cut off!
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#14 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

Scan saved at 11:36:42 AM, on 6/17/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank

--
End of file - 5795 bytes

#15 KBUpdike

KBUpdike

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

ComboFix 07-06-17 - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\desktop\combofix.exe
"Owner" - 2007-06-17 11:20:08 - Service Pack 2 NTFS [SAFE MODE]

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Program Files\screensavers.com
C:\Program Files\screensavers.com\SSSInst\bin\iebyterange.xml
C:\Program Files\screensavers.com\SSSInst\bin\iebyterange.xml.backup
C:\Program Files\screensavers.com\SSSInst\bin\SSSUninst.exe
C:\Program Files\screensavers.com\Wallpaper\swpstart.exe
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.com
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.com

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-05-17 to 2007-06-17 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-06-17 11:08 49,152 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\nircmd.exe
2007-06-11 18:48 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\DoctorWeb
2007-06-07 18:57 57,344 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\ssui.exe
2007-06-03 03:39 <DIR> d-------- C:\KAV
2007-06-03 03:10 626,688 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
2007-06-02 17:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard
2007-06-02 17:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\AdwareAlert
2007-06-02 16:38 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster
2007-05-28 12:37 <DIR> d-a------ C:\WINDOWS\zts2.exe
2007-05-28 12:37 <DIR> d-a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\vcmgcd32.dll
2007-05-28 12:37 <DIR> d-a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iifgfgf.dll
2007-05-28 12:37 <DIR> d-a------ C:\WINDOWS\rundll16.exe
2007-05-28 12:37 <DIR> d-a------ C:\WINDOWS\rundl132.dll
2007-05-28 12:37 <DIR> d-a------ C:\WINDOWS\logo1_.exe
2007-05-28 11:12 146,432 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\R.COM
2007-05-28 11:12 135,680 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\T.COM
2007-05-21 17:15 12,160 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mouhid.sys
2007-05-18 17:07 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\APPLIC~1\HP
2007-05-18 17:04 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\APPLIC~1\Symantec
2007-05-18 17:02 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\APPLIC~1\Real
2007-05-18 17:00 1,310,720 --ah----- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\NTUSER.DAT
2007-05-18 17:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\WINDOWS
2007-05-18 17:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\APPLIC~1\You've Got Pictures Screensaver
2007-05-18 17:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\APPLIC~1\SampleView
2007-05-18 17:00 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\Jzearuth\APPLIC~1\AOL
2007-05-17 07:54 3,968 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AvgAsCln.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-06-17 18:19:00 40,320 ----a-w C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\wklnhst.dat
2007-06-13 22:45:51 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-06-06 01:55:37 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\ICQLite
2007-05-30 12:47:14 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security
2007-05-16 15:12:02 683,520 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcomm.dll
2007-05-09 10:07:10 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Microsoft CAPICOM 2.1.0.2
2007-05-05 13:40:46 -------- d-----w C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\Creative
2007-05-02 02:45:50 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Audacity
2007-05-01 23:35:02 -------- d--h--w C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
2007-05-01 23:31:56 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\SightSpeed
2007-05-01 20:43:20 -------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Creative
2007-04-25 14:21:15 144,896 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.dll
2007-04-18 16:12:23 2,854,400 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll
2007-04-17 05:47:36 33,624 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
2007-04-17 05:45:54 1,710,936 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-04-17 05:45:48 549,720 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
2007-04-17 05:45:42 325,976 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
2007-04-17 05:45:36 203,096 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
2007-04-17 05:45:28 92,504 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
2007-04-17 05:45:20 53,080 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
2007-04-17 05:45:20 43,352 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
2007-04-17 05:44:20 271,224 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll
2007-04-17 05:44:18 208,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
2007-03-17 13:43:01 292,864 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsrv.dll

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects]
{9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1}=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll [2006-02-07 00:35]
{A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD}=C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll [2006-10-17 14:44]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"!AVG Anti-Spyware"="C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" [2006-10-07 05:20]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe" [2005-05-31 02:04]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{57B86673-276A-48B2-BAE7-C6DBB3020EB8}"="C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\shellexecutehook.dll" [2006-09-28 07:13]

*Newly Created Service* - COMHOST

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2007-06-16 10:00:00 C:\WINDOWS\tasks\AdwareAlert Scheduled Scan.job
2007-06-17 18:15:00 C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Check Updates for Windows Live Toolbar.job
2007-06-16 16:42:47 C:\WINDOWS\tasks\Norton AntiVirus - Run Full System Scan - Owner.job

catchme 0.3.721 W2K/XP/Vista - userland rootkit detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-06-17 11:23:39
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-06-17 11:24:23
C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt ... 2007-06-17 11:23

--- E O F ---

Spybot and Spyware Guard attempted to block a search page change, from google.com to something else, and an Internet Explorer Icon has ominously appeared on my desktop

#16 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:18 AM

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.
Delete these files in bold if found.

C:\WINDOWS\zts2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\rundll16.exe
C:\WINDOWS\rundl132.dll
C:\WINDOWS\logo1_.exe
C:\WINDOWS\R.COM
C:\WINDOWS\system32\T.COM
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vcmgcd32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iifgfgf.dll

Include a fresh HijackThis log for review.

Let me know what problem persists.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#17 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,092 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:01 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button