Explorer.exe closing on windows startup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Desperateforhelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

Ok. I know that someone else had this problem and i read there topic. nothing there worked for me. So without further ado i shall tell you my problem.
When windows first starts up everything is fine and dandy, then explorer.exe closes on me. it trys to reopen itself but fails and i am left without a start bar or desktop. luckly, i am very good at computers and can get around that. I have run Hijackthis and i know what the problem files are. I also know what the virus is called. its just a pain to remove and i can't seem to do it. I even tried doing it with linux and the file doesn't want to go away. I hope you guys can help me. the trojan is Trojan.Virtumod. and the files are jkhhi.dll and nnnonll.dll both of which are hooked up to boot b4 i even login.

Nevermind. I got it all cleared up. AVG works wonders. it just took a couple of tries. thanks guys.

Edited by Desperateforhelp, 08 June 2007 - 01:57 PM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,522 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

#3 Chancellor

Forum Deity

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Please consider a donation to help Support SWI
Malware Complaints - Report them here and fight back!
Member of ASAP Since 2006 (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Please read the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button