Extremely severe Malware!!! can't remove it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DigitOJunkE

DigitOJunkE

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

I'm trying to fix someone's computer which is infected with a really severe malware, I really don't know what it is since I when I try to run Hijackthis, it runs for like 2 seconds and closes all the time. Not only that, let's say I wanted to go download Hijackthis off a website, internet explorer will close, and even mozilla firefox will do the same.

When I run the AVG setup, it closes after like 2 seconds I executed it. It' weird because I installed AVG for this person and it just dissapeared ever since it got infected.

I tried to run the trendmicro online scan, same story, as soon as I get there IE closes by itself. I tried running the AVG setup in safe mode, same story, even in safe mode nothing will work, I mean this is a really MEAN pest !!!

I was able to run ad-aware and spybot but they don't detect anything suspicious. All I know is it was infected with that thing "c:\windows\.protected" but i removed it with smitfraudfix
I'm running with 18 processes on the machine, nothing suspicious, simply system processes.

I really would like to post a hijack log but it is impossible, I just can't run it for more than a second or so, even in safe mode!

Edited by DigitOJunkE, 12 June 2007 - 04:31 PM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,520 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button