Norton AV real-time protection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Asiadeep

Asiadeep

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

Hello there, recently I just recovered from a virus attack that AVG wasn't able to detect. I needed to download the trial version of Norton Anti Virus 2007 to scan and get rid of the virus. I had a grand total of 3 different viruses that AVG couldn't detect. Now my comp is nice and clean, running much faster than before.

Because of this I'm actually thinking of switching to Norton for my AV needs. I however can't be certain if Norton AV has real-time protection which I know AVG has coz its saved me a few times already.

Can somebody comment on whether Norton has real-time protection and also when comparing the latest versions of the two, which would be better, AVG or Norton.

Thanks.

#2 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:41 AM

Here are some recent reviews of antivirus software:

http://blogs.pcworld...ves/004468.html
http://www.pcmag.com...,2135053,00.asp

Yes, Norton AntiVirus does have real-time protection. However, it does have a tendancy to slow systems down, although if you have a fast enough system you may not notice it.

See this article:
What Really Slows Windows Down

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button