• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asiadeep

Norton AV real-time protection

2 posts in this topic

Hello there, recently I just recovered from a virus attack that AVG wasn't able to detect. I needed to download the trial version of Norton Anti Virus 2007 to scan and get rid of the virus. I had a grand total of 3 different viruses that AVG couldn't detect. Now my comp is nice and clean, running much faster than before.

Because of this I'm actually thinking of switching to Norton for my AV needs. I however can't be certain if Norton AV has real-time protection which I know AVG has coz its saved me a few times already.

Can somebody comment on whether Norton has real-time protection and also when comparing the latest versions of the two, which would be better, AVG or Norton.

Thanks.

Here are some recent reviews of antivirus software:

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/004468.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2135053,00.asp

Yes, Norton AntiVirus does have real-time protection. However, it does have a tendancy to slow systems down, although if you have a fast enough system you may not notice it.

See this article:

What Really Slows Windows Down