Edited by shea29, 13 June 2007 - 08:58 AM.
PC restored: virus protection
Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:33 AM
Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:20 PM
Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:31 AM
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.
Thank you for your patience.
[this is an automated reply]
Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:18 PM
Antivirus, AVG, or Avast.
Sunbelt Kerio, or zonealarm
For general spyware, AVG antispyware is good.
The best suggestion I can give is to use Firefox as a webbrowser and install the extension Nosscript.
Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:
- Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
- How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
- IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
- Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
Please support SWI forum
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users