AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• SWI Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,445 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

FYI...

- http://blog.washingt...s_vista_re.html
June 13, 2007 ~ "For the millions of computer users who purchased a new PC during the past five months, there have been precious few options for true, two-way firewall software on Windows Vista. But now, Check Point Software Technologies has released its popular line of ZoneAlarm products with versions designed to run on the latest Windows operating system. At the moment, hardly any security vendors offer firewall protection for Windows Vista users, let alone free versions*. Kudos to Check Point for continuing to offer its free version* of ZoneAlarm, when almost all other security software vendors have abandoned the free firewall market with the advent of Vista..."

* http://download.zone..._078_000_en.exe

:!:

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#2 Dragonslore

Dragonslore

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:48 PM

I just tried Zone Alarm for Vista tonight to see if it was any good for Windows Vista and immediately ran into some problems I was not too happy about.

First off, when I tried to run Mozilla FireFox which is my primary browser, ZA did not ask me if I wanted to allow or block it. FireFox would not load up, or at least there would be no browser window. But the process would load in memory and there would be absolutely no way to kill it without rebooting Windows. Even with ZA disabled, this would happen.

The only way I was able to fix this problem was to completely uninstall ZoneAlarm.

I am fully happy what with the way my system is setup and really have no need for ZoneAlarm. Instead of relying on software firewalls, I plan to purchase a Security Appliance sometime in the next few months for better protection of my home network. My only problem will be deciding on a good brand and model for a resonable price

- Excuse the Writing, I've Got a Dyslexic Keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button