• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Budfred

Please let us know...

33 posts in this topic

Howdy...

If you are reading SWI Community News and find it useful, please post a comment to let us know... If it isn't helpful to people, there isn't much point in putting it together each month... If it is helpful, it would still be good to see your ideas for what you would like to learn more about... Please post and let us know... If you don't want to say much, just a note to say you read it would help...

Thanks...

Frog Croak, Frog Croak, Frog Croak.

Woops sorry.

Read-it, read-it, read-it.

Frog Croak, Frog Croak, Frog Croak.

Woops sorry.

Read-it, read-it, read-it.

Well, thank you... but you helped write it!! :rofl:

A lot of things were said that have needed to be said for a long time. You guys do good work. Its definitely a class act, but the paucity of response makes me wonder if there were any listeners?

One of those times where I am hoping to be wrong. :)

More Cow Bell !!!

Just Kidding - Very good selection of topics with concise intro's and links to the more expansive details for those who wish to partake a more filling draught of the amber fluid.

One suggestion for your consideration - Jazz it up with a weekly "Evil-Ware Stumper" or some similar brain-teaser for people to solve to peak interest and keep the fans coming back for the answer in a future issue.

Only suggestion I would make is to get it on the front page of the Website.

Unless you are in the know it appears that nothing has changed since late 2006 as far as News and Links.

To the the average person it looks like a dead website no longer maintained and not a place reflecting the professionalism, skill and knowledge of the volunteers and experts.

Really, would you trust and frequent a website that has the reputation of being cutting edge in anything if the first thing you saw was outdated/no longer relevant information? I think not.....

Regards

Kazzoo

Only suggestion I would make is to get it on the front page of the Website.

Unless you are in the know it appears that nothing has changed since late 2006 as far as News and Links.

To the the average person it looks like a dead website no longer maintained and not a place reflecting the professionalism, skill and knowledge of the volunteers and experts.

Really, would you trust and frequent a website that has the reputation of being cutting edge in anything if the first thing you saw was outdated/no longer relevant information? I think not.....

Regards

Kazzoo

The reason we are publishing this is that we don't have access to the main site... That is controlled by Mike and Mike is no longer available... We are hoping people will explore the forum and find the news here, especially since several have asked about the lack of a newsletter from Mike... So yes, it is a good idea and we can't do it... :blink:

Very nice job with the newsletter. Spyware and malware are not going away anytime soon. Nice to know that this site is here if one should get infected by whatever is out there. Keep up the good work. Greatly appreciated............ :thumbsup::whistle:

I'm sure they're disappointed and discouraged by the declining number of views in recent issues.

Edited by screen317

Good job folks :) . Always a good read. I'm sure none of you have lots of time to spare so I would like to applaud your efforts here.

Regards, Dave

Had given up hope of seeing another one this year!... :evilgrin:

Good stuff as always, much appreciated.. :thumbsup:

Fred..

I've just finished reading it and thought it was brilliant... :thumbup:

Budfred - absolutely spot on! As one of those out there helping (although not as much as I would like at the moment), it makes such a difference to see a topic where someone has taken a bit of time to go into detail about what the problem is and how it is affecting their computer.

You also hit the nail on the head about people running just one scan, noticing a lack of popups and then thinking everything is clean and going off still infected! I have noticed a few repeat customers lately!

It also helps keep me going when someone actually lets me know everything is cleared up, instead of just disappearing without a trace :whistle:

I think the points you have made should be pinned somewhere maybe with the FAQs under a "Help us to help you" thread :D

Jedi - Can't thank you enough for the Adobe Reader Speedup 1.gif I tend to receive PDFs daily and only ever want to read them not have them make coffee and sandwiches, so I grabbed a copy of this immediately and am absolutely delighted with it!

I am just downloading Secunia PSI and will also give Defraggler a look later.

You have certainly picked a few gems here!

I missed TheJoker's "Good, Bad and Ugly" this month too!

Please keep the newsletter going and thanks for putting so much hard work into it over the year - it is really appreciated!

^_^

I missed TheJoker's "Good, Bad and Ugly" this month too!

That will be coming... tune in again later in the week... :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback everyone... Others please chime in too...

Hi Budfred, Jedi, TheJoker, hi everyone,

Your December publication was read (even TheJoker's ;-) ) and appreciated, be sure! Thanks a lot for the excellent choice again!

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

As usual, I posted a message speaking about the latest issue on a private section.

Now I would like to get your authorization to translate the Newsletter into French and publish it on the public forums of Zebulon.fr... may I?

Edited by ipl_001

I have read it... As always with a great pleasure... :)..

Great work!!.. :thumbup:

As mentioned by someone else, I assumed that this site wasn't going anywhere because the front page hadn't changed in a long time. A stupid assumption! (I know: "assume" makes an ass of (yo)u and me!)

By chance, I checked the forums about a month ago and found that, in fact, there is still a lot happening here. I think that the "Community Newsletters" are excellent: interesting, useful, informative - great work all round! Please continue to produce them. :thumbsup:

Thank you all very much for the newsletter and your continuing work. You are all truly admirable folks who don't get the thanks due you. :thumbup:

Now I would like to get your authorization to translate the Newsletter into French and publish it on the public forums of Zebulon.fr... may I?

I think this is a good idea, and I've given ipl_001 permission to use my articles, but obviously I can't speak for the other contributors. :)

Hi jedi, hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for the permission (by PM)! :thumbup:

In my humble opinion, translating the newsletters into French would help both SpywareInfo with increased fame and the French readers: some who can speak English may come to the Boot Camp, some who don't will benefit from your very good advice and improve their level and maybe become local helpers!

Thanks again, jedi!

The newsletters are really excellent!

You have my permission (for langauge conversions) for my articles - either just the short extracts in the newsletter - or the full articles from MWR.

Thanks Chris! I appreciate a lot! :thumbup:

Hi friends, It's the first time I visit here in a long time. You did a great job with my computer, and especially the antivirus etc you recommended and I'm using have been great.

I'm finding your "news" and tips for the first time. THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR WORK, very valuable.

Best wishes for the New Year. :thumbsup:

firstimer

Howdy...

If you are reading SWI Community News and find it useful, please post a comment to let us know... If it isn't helpful to people, there isn't much point in putting it together each month... If it is helpful, it would still be good to see your ideas for what you would like to learn more about... Please post and let us know... If you don't want to say much, just a note to say you read it would help...

Thanks...

I read it and enjoyed it very much. I was especially appreciative of The Jokers article on information warfare. The question of national security vs privacy is a hotbed of misinformation and I feel the more light shed on the subject the better off we will all be. Thank you Jedi for finding Wordweb and sharing that little gem.....yes! :) I can spell again and am in your debt.

Hello to all my friends and teachers here and I'm very glad to see the fight against malware continuing ...

Thank you for the feedback davidb231. I'm afraid the Community News is something we found too difficult to sustain on a regular monthly basis, with all the other commitments the staff here have, but hopefully we can post more in the future, albeit on a less regular basis. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)