hiakcer need help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davey67

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

I need help! I have a really bad hijacker! It has hijacked my browser and my desk top backround as well!

My desktop backround says "Warning you are being watched!" etc. and then of course you can click here to remove this. Of course this directs you to a web site where you can purchase the software to remove this. This is one of the most despicable things I have ever seen! They put something there and then of course you have to buy their product to get rid of it! The company is called smart security and I beleive them to be based in the UK or Austrlia (Do to the various "English" and not American spelling of various words)

My browsers home page is either c/windows/secure.html or some times it is smart-security.info

Can some one please help me with this!? I have tried adaware, spyboy, spysearchanddestroy, spysweeper and a whole bunch of other spyware remove programs but none of them have removed this!

I did down load a program called sygate [URL=http://www.sygate.com which is great and will help prevent this from happening again. However, I need to reomve these last 2 stuborn things. I have tried everything and I need help!

Thank you for reading this and thanks for you help in advance.

#2 dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:15 PM

We need a closer look at what's happening.
Please download Hijack this
Copy it into its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, do Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button