Publisher/Frontpage Install started constantly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Notorious_BMA

Notorious_BMA

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:29 PM

Had the 5 random letter "dll" problem. Cleaned it up using solution pinned in this forum. Still have home Search assistent, search extender, and shopping wizard in add remove progs. But no hijacking anymore. One left over problem. Have seen this posted by several people, but it has not gotten a response yet. At first an install for publisher ran every time IE started, when outlook was opened, when windows started, etc. Uninstalled publisher, now the same thing happens, but attempt is to install frontpage. Please help. About to blow office out of comp, run a registry cleaner and reinstall hoping that solves problem. Thanks ahead of time.

#2 Notorious_BMA

Notorious_BMA

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:14 PM

PROBLEM FIXED 6-27-04

I had 2002 Office on this machine. Had cleaned off the 5 letter dll problem, but Publisher (and after it was manualy uninstalled) and frontpage tried to install every time XP started, when IE was run, when outlook was opened, etc. I backed up my outlook files to save e-mails, calendars, contacts, etc. Then I unistalled office 2002. This seems to have solved the problem. Just to be safe, in case it was a problem in the registry, I ran RegClean. Then I installed Office 2003 and no longer have any problems. Hope this helps ya'll out there, I see the Ops have not responded to this problem that has been posted by several peeps, though they do a great service to the community. Keep on keepin' on.

Running Outlook I see that I did not need to backup those settings, they were apparently never deleted and imported automatically into the new version of Office, despite an uninstall of the old version. For those of you who want to be safe go to File...Data File Management to see the 3 files and their location that hold all of your Outlook settings.

BMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button