Remnants of Smitfraud-c.toolbar888 - system32 removal issues with Hijackthis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 mortalmaverick

mortalmaverick

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hi there! I'm completely new to this so bare with me. I don't even know where to start..I clicked on something a few days ago looking for a license key, and the next morning I was fighting this virus spybot s&d recognized as Smitfraud-c.toolbar888. After many attempts at removing the malware, I finally figured out how to, but something keeps bringing it back into my system when I reconnect to my network. I ended up going through about 15-20 spyware/malware removal programs, each of which I used individually, without any other running at the same time. I will attach my latest log for Hijackthis, I think I know what files I need to delete but I've used three or so programs to try and remove them and it has not worked. I will unplug my computer from the internet after leaving this message and wait for a response.

For two days this infection has plagued me! Any help is much appreciated.

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:48 AM

This thread is closed since you already started a thread here:

http://forums.spywar...h...=101681&hl=

Please do not start any new threads with the same problem if you have not received help yet, because that won't work to receive help in a faster way... on the contrary, because we always try to deal with the older logs/threads first. Many people are posting their log here everyday, so everyone has to be patient. After all, we are still doing this for free in our free time and we can't help all people at the same time.
Thanks for understanding.

Also read our Forum FAQ here: http://forums.spywar...howtopic=101063

In case you have not received a response after three days, post a reply to the topic Not getting help with your log? with the link to your thread.

Thanks.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button