3 replies to this topic

#1 Turnip

Turnip

Veggie Warrior

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:13 PM

I just downloaded it,

The only real thing that I can find that is new is that you can have better looking 'floating' windows (no windows standard window frame).

I feel quite annoyed, it seems I spent a while downloading it, and it was just an excuse to pimp their new toolbar. They should ask if you want to download the toolbar, not if you want to install it. They also insisted on restoring the icon in my start>programs menu. Stupid M$.

#2 Rogue298

Rogue298

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:28 PM

yeah, I downloaded it the other day...was pretty disappointed. Thankfully I opted out of all that garbage they had checkmarked

#3 marcloage

marcloage

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:50 AM

So what version is that?

#4 Turnip

Turnip

Veggie Warrior

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:16 AM

Yeah I opted out of it all, I was just pretty infuriated that I had had to download it in the first place, and even more annoyed by the fact that all the boxes are checked by deafult.

What they should do is say, "A new version of MSN Messenger is available". You click it, and they say, "Would you also like to download the MSN Toolbar with pop-up blocking bla bla bla". But instead they make you download it before asking you, and installing it is the default option. That's just blatently Micro$oft-ish :p

The version is... ummm... 6.2.0137

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button