NEED Help to find a backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tpagej

tpagej

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hello I was on bleepingcomputer, everything was going great until the person was helping me got me to download avenger. I did and he got me to copy and paste some files and folders. Well he forgot to add the word complete at the end of my folder, so in turn it erased all my pictures, favorites, a lot of files, etc. He told me sorry but it was ok, he told me to go c:/avenger and get the backup.zip and extract it. Well its not on my computer anywhere, that i can find. I've looked in hidden files, in safe mode etc. The other problem is that i was jst going to do a restore point from the day before but apparently one of the programs he got me to do deleted all my restore points. I really need some help to get all the files and pictures back. They are very very important.
Thanks
Jason

#2 tpagej

tpagej

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hello I was on bleepingcomputer, everything was going great until the person was helping me got me to download avenger. I did and he got me to copy and paste some files and folders. Well he forgot to add the word complete at the end of my folder, so in turn it erased all my pictures, favorites, a lot of files, etc. He told me sorry but it was ok, he told me to go c:/avenger and get the backup.zip and extract it. Well its not on my computer anywhere, that i can find. I've looked in hidden files, in safe mode etc. The other problem is that i was jst going to do a restore point from the day before but apparently one of the programs he got me to do deleted all my restore points. I really need some help to get all the files and pictures back. They are very very important.
Thanks
Jason

#3 tpagej

tpagej

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

Hello I really need some help. Here's the story. I was working with a person on bleepingcomputer.com and everything was going great. But he got me to download avenger, well he forgot to type a word at the end of the folder he wanted me to delete and it apparently deleted all my personal stuff(pictures, files, favorites, email address's, etc) He said sorry i forgot to type the word complete but its not a problem just go to c:\avenger and unzip the backup file. Well I can't find the file anywhere. I've looked in safe mode, hidden files, my computer etc. I can't find it anywhere. I have a reply to him but I hope someone else could help too. The other problem is that apparently one of the other programs i ran for him cleared all my restore points! So I don't know what to do, I just know I deseratly need the files and pictures back. If anyone can help I would love it. Any suggestions mailaddress removed - it's a bad idea to post your mailaddress in public

Jason

Edited by miekiemoes, 22 July 2007 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button