Telus Blocks Port 25

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dmforst

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:04 PM

I am a computer support person for about 15 clients in BC, Canada. As most of my clients have their e-mail and web pages hosted by others than their ISP they used the outbound mailers at their e-mail providers. It is also a lot easier for my mobile clients to use a single outbound mail server. About 2 weeks ago I started to get complaints from my clients that they couldn't send e-mails. My own ISP was not Telus so my systems were not affected. My clients received no notice of the change, one day it worked, the next it did not. Simple to fix, but it would of been nice for Telus to have let us know.

Despite the inconvenience, I support this change. The amount of spam that I now receive has been reduced to about 1/4 of previous levels. I am sure this is just a short respite, but I will take it. Too bad we all have to compromise to thwart these idiots who are hijacking our systems at all levels.

#2 Guest_sdeyholos_*

• Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:52 PM

What was your workaround for this issue?

#3 Guest_Guest_Scott_*

• Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:31 AM

I think it's time I bought a mobile phone and switched to Cable internet. Maybe the SPAM levels have dropped, but I can no longer telecommute unless I fork out the extra $35/month to get that single port unblocked.

Hooray for TELUS! At the end of this month I will finally be free from their crap.

#4 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:34 PM

I notice that SBC isn't allowing SMTP connections to SMTP servers other than their own (I tested this to smtp.ev1.net). I'll call SBC about it, but I'm really noticing less and less spam as time goes by.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button