flashget spyware?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hodi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

my firewall says that flashget.exe is attemping to access cydm.net ...
does flashget.exe contains any spyware or adware?
or it's just displaying ads on the software itself?

#2 Tuntis

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

Maybe it takes the advertising from that place...Or do you download something from there?

#3 Swami

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:46 AM

It contains a version of Istbar.

I know "The Cleaner" flags Flashget for sure.

Edited by Swami, 26 June 2004 - 09:50 AM.

#4 rosso_acido

Earl of Mysterious Briefcases

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:29 PM

My sister was looking for a download manager and someone recommended FlashGet. Despite that person's enthusiastic comments, she was having doubts about its "integrity" herself, so I told her to monitor its installation via Total Uninstall.

She got suspicious seeing that permanent icon FlashGet puts on the screen and uninstalled it almost immediately, only to have Total Uninstall inform her it had placed some "Cydoor Services" entries in the registry that could not be removed. She was reluctant to touch anything in the registry, though, so we finally resolved the issue by doing a System Restore.

Personally I'm using Download Expert on my XP machine, which is the only download manager I've tried so far that doesn't conflict with SpywareGuard. It's very fast and easy to use, but the trouble is it takes up too many resources and it's almost impossible to surf any pages while it's downloading (which can be very boring if you're downloading a large file while on dialup).

R. :wave:
I am the iron anchor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button