• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acsell

Analyze your own HijackThis log

129 posts in this topic

I have reading your tutorial and surprise me. Is huge and well described, congratulations.

On the other hand I'm not and expert and I have no success with it and HijackThis and Hicjackthis.de due I deleted malicious items but come again and again.

Do you know some link where someone can revise/check the hijackthis fiel in detail.

Thank you and congratulations again!!

Extremely Helpful Thankyou

:cool::closedeyes::closedeyes:

I have written the following tutorial to show you how to analyse your own hijackThis log-

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/jrmc137/hjttutorial/tutorial.htm

Tutorial mirror (mirror located at www.antispyware.nextdesigns.net thanks to mpfeif101 )

(Both of the  links above point to the same tutorial but are located on a different servers. These mirrors have been made available because some people were experiencing difficulty accessing the site. If you have problems with one link then try another.)

It will tell you how and where to look up and research each item in your log, which tools and databases you will need and where to get them. It will show you how to tell which items are good or bad and how to know which items need fixing with HijackThis.

It will also show you what these items represent in graphical form or provide a link to further information on the items so that you will know exactly what you are fixing.

Please note that not all problems can be fixed with HijackThis alone. In some cases you may need further help. In the tuturial I have tried to point out which cases this might relate to. If you find that your problem isn't solved by following the above tutorial or I have suggested in the tutorial that you may need further help then post your log in the forum.

40027[/snapback]

Very good tutorial...I will use it in the fight...thanks,

Thank you so much for the tutorial... although I don't know much about computers, I always prefer to do things myself... I was able to spend time and look at what is good and what is bad for my laptop, and remove those pesky bugs. This tutorial should be included in the software itself, so that novice users can do it themselves instead of waiting forever for someone to respond to their post (not that it's a bad thing).

Again GREAT job on the tutorial... thank you very much

:D:D:D

:( Thanks for your help, but I'm in way over my head, it's a miricle that I've made it this far. I ran hijack this and it created a log that I have on my desktop. I have no idea what to do next? I read your post and I have no idea? Can you help? Thanks, Rick :D

I have written the following tutorial to show you how to analyse your own hijackThis log-

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/jrmc137/hjttutorial/tutorial.htm

Tutorial mirror (mirror located at www.antispyware.nextdesigns.net thanks to mpfeif101 )

(Both of the  links above point to the same tutorial but are located on a different servers. These mirrors have been made available because some people were experiencing difficulty accessing the site. If you have problems with one link then try another.)

It will tell you how and where to look up and research each item in your log, which tools and databases you will need and where to get them. It will show you how to tell which items are good or bad and how to know which items need fixing with HijackThis.

It will also show you what these items represent in graphical form or provide a link to further information on the items so that you will know exactly what you are fixing.

Please note that not all problems can be fixed with HijackThis alone. In some cases you may need further help. In the tuturial I have tried to point out which cases this might relate to. If you find that your problem isn't solved by following the above tutorial or I have suggested in the tutorial that you may need further help then post your log in the forum.

40027[/snapback]

Hello, Acsell

Thanks for the great tutorial. I'm trying to use it, but need a little help getting started. All of the 01, 02, and 03 looked ok, but I'm trying to do a search on the first 04 entry. Here's the entry:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd

When I do the search you recommend at windowsstartup.com, it asks for Filename and Program. What would I enter in those spaces? HKLM? CMAUDIO? I can't see those on their list. I tried pasting the whole entry, it didn't like that either.

Philip

OMG ....... That site look Soooo good :)

But I didnt understand a word of it :(

Hello Acsell,

Fantastic tutorial. Easy to follow and produces great results. Very cool of you to take the time to create something as useful as this for all of us who don't understand the in and outs of the registry and operating systems we use on our PCs.

Thanks again,

Don

hey i hv gone thru ur site and did all the reccomendede thing.

Edit... To remove log... Please do not post your log in someone else's topic... Budfred...

Edited by Budfred

Using your tutorial and help with the HJT logs from iguagaby I got my machine clean and up to speed again.

Many many thanks.

Halcykon,

Your link ends up at a MicroSoft site... However, even if it is an HJT analyzer, it is a good idea for people to be VERY careful with those types of programs... There are several available and they all have a problem with false positives which can lead to accidently disabling systems and they generally miss a fair amount of malware... You are probably better off running a set of automatic programs that scan and fix, like Ewido, Spybot, Ad-Aware SE, online virus scans and so on....

Microsoft site? Well I get a "Page Cannot Be Displayed", but that's because the HTML code does http:// twice.

Yeah, I know that it's not the best (there's even a disclaimer that says that, hehe) but it's just for people who want instananeous results and can't read (or are too lazy to) their logs. There ARE descriptions of each highlighted object when you hover over them, though.

Acsell,

Thanks for the thorough and straight-forward tutorial. The embedded links to research various log entries were superb and informative.

pd

:D:D:D

Acsell, Congratulations! I got rid of all malware, trojans from my computer reading your Tutorial... I know nothing about computer and I could do it only because of your Tutorial, you are really Expert in this subject...

I thank you thank you thank you thousand times!

:thumbsup::D

Thank you so much for the very helpful information! I was able to find and fix my hijacker problems very easily. I have been trying to fix it for quite some time and after finding your site I was able to fix the problem in about 10 minutes. Thanks again! :D

A VERY BIGGGGG hi

I have just posted my hijack this log as i have been at my wits end. But having read your homepage, i have had to add to my post that i have now fixed my problem, thanks t your homepage.

It was easy even for a novice like me, very straightforward and a blessing.

Once again a very big THANK YOU

I have now added it to my fav

You guys are amazing. I just wish someone would help me. I posted yesterday in the malware removal section and I need help removing Abetter Internet and Aurora and everyone seems to be looking over moe. Thanks anyway. - Christine :weep:

Wow........ :!: Thank you so much for posting this forum....You saved my Hard drive :cool: Thanks alot you are a great guy thanks again for helping Woot......

Thanks. Isaac ;D Woooooot!!!!

Hi Acsell,

Thank you so much for your tutorial.

I was about to reformat the drive but I was able to fix my computer with your help.

Thank you again.

hi acsell, i just joined and read your article and found it excelant, an absolute "must read",even if some of it is beyond ne as a "newbe" manty thanks for the time it must have taken to research and put together acein1

I am new to this forum i am just looking for someone to help me remove stupid win fixer . i tried downloading windows defender but it doesn't seem to remove it. I am not great with computers and would love for someone to walk me through this.

thanks soo much for any advice

Tara

Many Thanks :D

Having tried various tools to try and fix my problems, you have empowered me to resolve the issues!

I just wish I'd come here first...

Just wanted to say thank you. I posted for help yesterday and no one replied,

I saw your post this morning and was able to track down the issues myself, and

didnt even crash my computer. Thanks again!

Mike

Just wanted to say thank you. I posted for help yesterday and no one replied,

I saw your post this morning and was able to track down the issues myself, and

didnt even crash my computer. Thanks again!

Mike

I am glad you found a solution...

If you look around this forum, you will see that hundreds of people post each day and we have a small number of trained helpers trying to keep up with that... It is typical that most people don't get a response for at least 3 days and that is only if our volunteers are putting in long hours to keep up... We hope that people will use the resources available to help themselves when possible because of this... If you are pretty sure you have fixed the problems, please post back to your log that you have the problem fixed so one of our helpers doesn't waste time analyzing a problem that is already fixed...

Wow! Great read. Man, I see why it can take hours to manually kill all the trash. With most of my clients when they get really infected I back up their stuff, then format the machine.

Wow! Great read. Man, I see why it can take hours to manually kill all the trash. With most of my clients when they get really infected I back up their stuff, then format the machine.

Unfortunately, you can't be sure the backups are clean and some things usually get lost along the way... This is why we try to fix what is there rather than just wiping it out...

Unfortunately, you can't be sure the backups are clean and some things usually get lost along the way... This is why we try to fix what is there rather than just wiping it out...

True, that's why I only back up data files. In 2 years i've only had things get lost once. I come from the school of thought that you can never be 100% a machine is completely clean unless you wipe it out. Mant people don't even have good backups these days

Tats...

Your post was moved to its own topic here...

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=90275

Please read that FAQ and post a complete log if you still want help...

yes i would like some help,

i've been true the FAQ... but my enlisch kinda sucks big, and i tought i've posted it in the correct topic...

what must i do then in order to do it correct? :scratchhead:

Tats...

Your post was moved to its own topic here...

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=90275

Please read that FAQ and post a complete log if you still want help...

yes i would like some help,

i've been true the FAQ... but my enlisch kinda sucks big, and i tought i've posted it in the correct topic...

what must i do then in order to do it correct? :scratchhead:

I already moved your post to its own topic, all you need to do it make sure you have a complete HJT log, including the header info, and then wait for someone to help you... Keep in mind that the more info you give the helper, the more likely you will get the help you need.... Post any further comments in your topic...

Thanks, your tutorial was interesting and I'm sure will be useful.

I printed out a pdf version of your tutorial and thought I would attach it to this post to make it available, but I see that attachment capability is not enabled. :thumbsdown:

Is there a way to send it to you so you can make it available to others who might want it? :wtf:

Thanks and regards . . . :wave:

Thank you for this wonderfull resource.

Learned alot, and with a few searches found my issue and was able remedy it.

Thanks again.

Thanks :p that website is very informative, I learn somethings but if someone can post something similar about how to use combofix and in detail what it does will be good.

Thanks

roti444