• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otter

Something interesting

4 posts in this topic

New technology by a company in Australia that can be used in military and civilian applications. Videos (edit: well, 3D renderings) on the site show it used in

A minefield replacement

Firefighting

Totally electronic handgun

http://www.metalstorm.com/

Edited by Otter

Oh boy, we'll be able to kill a lot more people.

Well at least the area denial idea is good. Very little explosives are left behind, and it is controlled by a human, who can distinguish between innocents and enemies. Firefighting looks good, too, if it works. (I'd like to see a real video instead of a 3D animation...)

...and it is controlled by a human, who can distinguish between innocents and enemies.

From the above site:

"A 36 barrel prototype has fired a burst of 180 rounds at a rate exceeding one million rpm."

(Emphasis mine)

I would hate to think of the numbers of civillians killed, if the guy in charge of this thing got 'spooked' and pressed the wrong button. Hell, they probably wouldn't find enough pieces left to tell how many it wiped out.

:wave: