• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smappdi

Different about:blank virus strain?

5 posts in this topic

I had the almost the same about:blank search problem as everyone else appears to have. I've run Ad-Aware, Spybot SD, Hijack This, CWShredder, Norton and Panda antivirus. The spyware removers always remove the spyware but it regenerates. CWshredder did remove some stuff. Norton found nothing. Panda found 11 viruses and removed them.

As a result, I no longer have several of the problems, such as changing my homepage (at least so far) or random pop up windows alerting me of spyware.

However, if ever I type an broken URL into the address bar, rather than taking me to the usual Error site not found or MSN search page, it brings me to the same old about:blank search page, complete with pop-ups. If you're not familiar, the page looks like this:

spyware.gif

After running all of those programs and reading a ridiculous amount of forums, I'm about ready to give up and reformat. Does ANYONE have a surefire solution for this assinine spyware?

I am having the exact same problem....

I cant access my yahoo email or get on espn.com.

Any help would be much appreciated

It has been a pleasure to help you :)

The problems here look to be resolved or there has been no response for a long period of time so I will close the topic. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.