Different about:blank virus strain?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 smappdi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:08 PM

I had the almost the same about:blank search problem as everyone else appears to have. I've run Ad-Aware, Spybot SD, Hijack This, CWShredder, Norton and Panda antivirus. The spyware removers always remove the spyware but it regenerates. CWshredder did remove some stuff. Norton found nothing. Panda found 11 viruses and removed them.

As a result, I no longer have several of the problems, such as changing my homepage (at least so far) or random pop up windows alerting me of spyware.

However, if ever I type an broken URL into the address bar, rather than taking me to the usual Error site not found or MSN search page, it brings me to the same old about:blank search page, complete with pop-ups. If you're not familiar, the page looks like this:

Posted Image

After running all of those programs and reading a ridiculous amount of forums, I'm about ready to give up and reformat. Does ANYONE have a surefire solution for this assinine spyware?

#2 billybobjoe10

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

I am having the problem where I am not allowed to change the homepage (always about:blank). How did you get rid of this?

#3 spundit

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:05 PM

I am having the exact same problem....

I cant access my yahoo email or get on espn.com.

Any help would be much appreciated

#4 cricketlilly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:11 PM

A2 Guard works pretty well at removing spyware and adware.....(about blank) its free...giveit a try :D good luck!

#5 PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:12 AM

It has been a pleasure to help you :)

The problems here look to be resolved or there has been no response for a long period of time so I will close the topic. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button