• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jock74

res://<random>.dll/<random>.html#<random>

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have just read that you have been inundated with posts regarding this problem, so I apologise to add to them.

My home page in internet explorer has been hi-jacked to something called 'Home Search' with the current address - 'res://fdcng.dll/index.html#44272'. By running AdAware (01R325 27.06.2004) and Spybot I seem to get rid of the effects, but it keeps creating new variations by changing the letters such as res://exwzc., res://mshp. etc. I am not getting at the SOURCE. Perhaps the source is located in my Hijack This log but I am not sure what it is.

Could you please analyse my log to see what I need to delete.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 3:23:57 PM, on 27/06/2004

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Vet\isafe.exe

C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe

C:\Vet\VetMsg.exe

C:\WINDOWS\mstq32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE

C:\Vet\VetTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\bngogcjb.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntml.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

C:\Documents and Settings\Danny Porter\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 5 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B7CF0C1-AE5A-B428-6229-E649815FF71C} - C:\WINDOWS\mfcoj32.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VetTray] C:\Vet\VetTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [inCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jzbnhfs] C:\WINDOWS\System32\bngogcjb.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntml.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntml.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] C:\Program Files\ClockSync\Sync.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [nsdriver] C:\WINDOWS\System32\nssys32.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)

O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa...ash/swflash.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C13D45AB-95D9-414F-94C1-6F34F1956BD5}: NameServer = 203.134.24.70 203.134.26.70

Thankyou for your time.

Mother Lion,

Your solution of the Ad-aware and Zone Alarm combo seems to have worked a treat. I have had no problems since, my home page has stayed at the address I set it at. I wanted to wait a few days before responding to make sure it had worked.

I have just received an e-mail regarding a new fix for the problem, so if it does come back ( :gasp: ) I will employ that, but until then your original solution seems to have worked.

Thankyou very much for your help. You can't believe, or maybe you can the frustration I had over this problem.

Jock. :D

So glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.