The worse Browser Hijacker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Agamalizard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:02 PM

Hi all,

I use WinXP SP1 Home. For months now, Google error page worm/virus has been giving me alot of headaches. Most times it doesn't allow me to visit other websites. I did not place Google as my home page but where it always come from is a total mystery?

If I'm navigating to a site that has nothing to do with Google, Google error page will just diplay. And whenever it appears, refreshing will hardly remove it, unless I continue hitting on refresh button many times like 3mins or more then the right page will show up. Sometime if that doesn't work, I'll leave it for, let say, 2-3mins then hit on refresh, if I'm lucky, the right page will then display. When the 2 options don't work, the last resort would be to close the window and open a new one.

Whenever this Google error page diplays, it doesn't in anyway change the the site's address (which I intend entering) in the address bar. And it doesn't also change my home page address in the internet option settings. Where the Google error page comes from is very much hidden, it doesn't show any trace to it origin which makes it a total mystery.

What can I do to stop this crap?? I have used Ad-aware, CWshredder, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Spyblaster, Pestpatrol, Norton Antivirus, etc. to check my system for craps but still it persists. I've posted this problem to few other forums for help, they did their best but their good efforts couldn't resolve it. I later gave up hope. :grrr: This worm or whatever has been living in my PC for more than 4 months.

But now I have had enough. I'm back again seeking help. Please, could someone give me a helping hand here before I go crazy over this issue. I will appriciate any opinion. Thanks.

#2 Agamalizard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:30 PM

I can't believe that no one has responded to my problem since it was posted. :gasp:

#3 mjp65aa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:44 PM

I am fairly new to this site, and i am not a helper. I came here after having a bad parasite myself (about:bank CWS). I am fairly confident that this is the best place to come for help on your problem (and it's free). No response to your problem probably means either it is too hard and or new, so few people know how to help, or/and this board has been flooded for the last week with requests for help (plus the site was down for few days while they changed software, or hosting service, or both, i forgot). Everybody must wait thier turn. I assume u tried system restore (with xp)? That might at least de activate the thing, although it will not remove it. I ended up doing a complete restore with original CDs to fix my problem. Most consider that drastic measures, but i have happy i did it. In a short time I had my machine just as i wanted it, and it is now working better now than ever.

BTW, you ( i think) posted this in wrong forum. it should be in malware removal. it would get more attention there, but they will move it, if they (SWI gods) agree, when they see it.

Edited by mjp65aa, 28 June 2004 - 08:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button