• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OptimusDigger

No clue what if this is a trojan or virus but it's

16 posts in this topic

I accidently came across a broken link and now this stupid 'warning you're in danger' and goes on about files that can 'break you' etc etc. Basically One of those 'secure your tracks and erase your tracks' things has set itself over my desktop and I can't remove it!

Any ideas?

i had that too, some how they changed your desktop to a web page, a friend got rid of that, but im not sure how. ll ask

We need a closer look at what's happening.

Please download Hijack this

Copy it into its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.

Press that, save the log, do Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 2:51:24 PM, on 7/5/2004

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\George Jr\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Here's my latest Hijack-This log

Is that the COMPLETE log?? There should be several more entries in the second part.

Here's another log.

thethe3k said what's up with my compuer is a website of some sort I came via a broken link has placed itself over my desktop background.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 7:30:29 PM, on 7/5/2004

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\George Jr\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6...922/wmv9VCM.CAB

I hate to be a nag, but does ANYONE know how to get rid of this thing? It's making it almost impossible for me to work at some of the message boards I work on save this and two others, plus alot of my desktop functions are shot because the damn thing has pasted itself over my desktop background.

Okay here's what is wrong with my computer.

My desktop background is covered by a black wegpage backdrop and in the middle is a message and a word-link for some anti-spyware software for sale.

This is what is displayed in the square in the middle of the pagem annd the removal insturctions words on the bottom lead to the link I pasted below.

ALL YOU DO WITH COMPUTER IS STORED FOREVER IN YOUR HARD DISK. WHEN YOU VISIT SITES, SEND EMAILS... ALL YOUR ACTIONS ARE LOGGED. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THEM WITH STANDARD TOOLS. YOUR DATA IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FORENSICS. AND IN SOME CASES FOR YOUR BOSS, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN.

Every site you or somebody or even something, like spyware, opened in your browser, with all images, and all downloaded and maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs - ARE STILL THERE and could broke your life!

SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!

Removal instructions

http://www.smart-security.info/?affid=DNN-1

Yeah, I've seen people with this thing before. To get rid of that ad on your desktop do this:

Right-Click on Desktop, choose Properties, go to the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop, go to the Web tab, and uncheck the webpage Security. Click OK and it should be done.

I think I just had the same problem. Unfornunately, I had no clue, (and still have no clue), of what in the world I was doing, but I searched for files that were created today, deleted them, but now the desktop turned white. Another thing, when I turn the resolution of my moniter up, the 'white' is only in the top left and covers part of my desktop, instead of the whole thing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0