• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 nania

nania

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

I thought it may have been malware and so removed it from a good working pc. I'm hoping that someone will tell me if I shot myself in the foot. Does anyone here know what it is?

Edited by nania, 08 January 2008 - 10:09 PM.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,465 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Did you Google it?? It appears to be a very old and easily recognized trojan... You can actually post this kind of question in Boot Camp...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 nania

nania

• Helper Trainee
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the timely reply and yes, I wouldn't have asked the question if my google search had given me a definitive categorization. If you had read the entire links that the search on this .prx file yielded you would have understood my confusion. It was a one time exploited vulnerability but not necessarily a bad file. Sort of like lsass.exe, the error is reported by the application but the application is not causing the error. I didn't know boot camp was still active. I will post my d.a.q's there from now on.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,465 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for the timely reply and yes, I wouldn't have asked the question if my google search had given me a definitive categorization. If you had read the entire links that the search on this .prx file yielded you would have understood my confusion. It was a one time exploited vulnerability but not necessarily a bad file. Sort of like lsass.exe, the error is reported by the application but the application is not causing the error. I didn't know boot camp was still active. I will post my d.a.q's there from now on.

You just became a Trainee, why would you think Boot Camp was not active??
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 hornet777

hornet777

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

I may not be recalling correctly, but I think its a data file of WMP9, perhaps a playlist, or a preset for the WMP encoder. I have that one, and a bunch of other related ones here.

Malicious? Doubtful. Private me if you need a copy.
After all is invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button