My mouse keeps freezing and the time will not stay accurate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spy

Spy

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

I am using Windows XP Home. The cursor on my mouse keeps freezing up on me. I also have a problem with the time and date on my computer. Every time I turn on my computer the date is usually set to July and the time is never right. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

For the problem with your mouse, have you tried another one, to eliminate a hardware problem? What type of mouse is it Wireless, USB or PS/2.

For the Time problem, that suggests a failing BIOS battery. This is a coin cell on the motherboard type CR2032. The quick and simple fix is to change it.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 Spy

Spy

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

It is a USB optical mouse from Dell. This is the only mouse that I have

Edited by Spy, 11 January 2008 - 04:58 PM.

#4 Spy

Spy

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

For the Time problem, that suggests a failing BIOS battery. This is a coin cell on the motherboard type CR2032. The quick and simple fix is to change it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Where can I get a battery and is it easy to replace?

#5 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

A new Battery can be found almost anywhere. I usually gat them from Walmart/ Asda in the UK. Anywhere that sells batteries should have them. Iit is easy to replace. Just remove the side cover and look for the old battery somewhere in the motherboard. To remove it, there is a clip over the edge which, if released allow the cell to come out.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#6 Spy

Spy

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

A new Battery can be found almost anywhere. I usually gat them from Walmart/ Asda in the UK. Anywhere that sells batteries should have them. Iit is easy to replace. Just remove the side cover and look for the old battery somewhere in the motherboard. To remove it, there is a clip over the edge which, if released allow the cell to come out.

Thanks for the help. I will get a battery at Walmart sometimes this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button