Outlook Express R6025 pure virtual call error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 jed_vii

jed_vii

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

This just started happening recently. And as far as I can tell, my system is clean. HijackThis and various other spyware/adware/virus scans have turned up nothing.

Here is my problem. When I start up my computer, I can check my email with outlook Express without any problems. But after some length of time, it will no longer receive or send emails. I get an error that states:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'main', Server: mail.whatever.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number 0x800CCC0E"--{the "mail.whatever.com" is replacing my actualy mail server}.

Then I close Outlook express and I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library" Error, that states there is a "R6025 pure virtual call". Now, the next time I open Outlook Express, it still doesn't send/receive emails and gives the same errors; however, when I close Outlook Express, it doesn't give me the Visual C++ error.

Upon restarting the computer, I am able to send and receive emails, until an undetermined amount of time when these errors return. Once they return, I know that I need to restart the computer to check my email.

I use Outlook Express 6.0 and for my platform is Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) and for what it's worth my MSIE is Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: by the way, I've already installed the new Java and uninstalled old versions of it. That seemed to help a small bit, but the errors still occur, just not as often.

-jed

Edited by jed_vii, 21 January 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,093 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

Start with these Microsoft articles.

Exchange Server client receives an error message when it tries to send or receive e-mail: "Socket error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191687

and

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express
http://support.micro....com/kb/813514/
*/*

If still no joy then submit a fresh HijackThis log for my review.
Make sure you have the latest version.

If needed, please download and install the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2:

CLICK HERE to download the HijackThis Installer:
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  • Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
  • Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
  • Click on "Edit -> Select All" then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and paste the log in your next reply.
  • Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Delete the older version once you have successfully downloaded and installed the latest version
nasdaq

Favorite tools: [ SpywareBlaster ] [ Spybot ] [ AdAware ] [ HijackThis ]
[ Housecall online virus scan ] [ Bitdefender online virus scan ]
[ AVG antivirus ] [ Sunbelt Personal Firewall ] [ ZoneAlarm firewall ]

My help is free, but if we have helped you in anyway,please considerDonating ,
see this topic for details.
We need members like you.

========
Shouldn't water be worth more than diamonds?
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#4 jed_vii

jed_vii

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

I had already tried with the Microsoft stuff. I think I'm having more of a problem with the C++ error than Outlook express. A friend of mine suggested that it was a problem with my hard drive being too full. I was at 90% full. I've since knocked it down to 80% and am working on reducing that even further. Any thoughts in that regard? Here is my hijack this log. I'm pretty certain it is clean. I've removed quite a few 01 Hosts as I know they are clean as well.

Thanks for your help.

-jed

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:56:55 PM, on 1/23/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Shared Plug-Ins\Media Manager\MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ICO.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\FSRremoS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Pelmiced.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - http://supportcenter...oad/tgctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1139534800570
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

--
End of file - 10735 bytes

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,093 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Your log is clean, execute this for now.

Download: CCleaner (freeware)
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4191.html
Run the installer, and uncheck the option to install Yahoo toolbar (unless you want Yahoo toolbar).
Once installed, run CCleaner click the Windows [tab]
The following should be selected by default, if not, please select:
Posted Image
Next: click Options click the Settings tab
Uncheck: "Only delete files older than 48 hrs.", click Ok
Then click Run Cleaner (bottom right) then Exit

Then let me see the results of this scan.

Familiarize yourself with this combofix tool.
http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

It's IMPORTANT to carry out the instructions in the sequence listed below.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Disconnect from the internet.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we can continue cleaning the system.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#6 jed_vii

jed_vii

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:22 AM

first off, there is something wrong with the CCleaner part you posted... After "The following should be selected by default, if not, please select:" there is a picture that won't load. I guess it could be my computer, but I'd rather not run CCleaner without knowing what the selections should be.

Second, that Combofix looks pretty lethal. Is there something wrong with my computer that you suspect, or are you guessing? I'm ok running these things, but I am at a point with this computer that I can't back up a lot of things, so I'm a bit leary. Any thoughts on the hard drive being too full?

thanks for your help so far...

-jed

#7 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,093 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

This is the photo of CCleaner. It's a .png file may be your computer is not accepting this type of file.

http://i210.photobuc...0/CCleanerA.png

Run the tool and if you decide not to clean some of the suggested items, just uncheck the item.

Your HijackThis log is clean.

80% free space on your Hard Disk is good. Should never be less then 15%.

What type of c++ errors are you getting and what are you doing at the time?

Do you have may files in your Outlook Express folders. Let say more than 200?
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#8 jed_vii

jed_vii

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Sometimes when I close Outlook express and I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library" Error, that states there is a "R6025 pure virtual call". The next time I open Outlook Express, it still doesn't send/receive emails and gives the same errors; however, when I close Outlook Express, it doesn't give me the Visual C++ error.

I have 2250 messages in 35 different folders. I'm now down to 33% free.

I haven't had the error messages lately, I think the hard drive space might have been the issue, I'll post again in a few days if the errors return.

Thanks,
-jed

#9 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,093 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:05 AM

The number of messages in your outlook folders can possibly the cause.

This come handy.

How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#10 fnpaulie

fnpaulie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

Hello, I'm new here.
I get this same error when I close Outlook Express. It just started immediately after installing SPAMfighter. How do I resolve this issue?
Thanks.

I run Windows XP Home

#11 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,093 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:05 AM

fnpaulie

DO NOT POST IN SOMEONE ELSE POST.

Please read this article and follow the protocol.
http://forums.spywar...showtopic=23382

Create a new topic.

Then submit a fresh HijackThis log. It's the only way we can give you sound advice.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

#12 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,093 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
nasdaq

========
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button