Jump to content


Photo

Removed the hijacker/trojan...and Google Search!


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 donnapalmer

donnapalmer

    Member

  • Full Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

To my profound relief, IE appears to be functioning normally (although I did download Mozilla 1.7 to use until I was able to fix IE, and I love it!). We need to use IE periodically for some websites, like the ToontownOnline that our daughter got for her 10th birthday, and some motocross website my husband likes to visit...when we select Search from the top of the screen, it opens in the sidebar with just New and Customize visible...the rest of the sidebar is empty.

Screenshot pic

Clicking on New gets us nothing; clicking on Customize gets me MSN search. I want to be able to search Google from the sidebar, like I used to be able to before all of this virus nonsense...can anyone help?

Thanks, by the way, to all for all the help in finding the invaluable utilities that I used to remove that nasty from our computer...I love finding the resources myself, instead of giving money over to someone else! For those who follow, I used various combinations of:
AdAware6 (personal)
Registry Mechanic (unregistered)
XKleener
HiJackThis
CW Shredder
Spyware Blaster
AboutBuster
SpySweeper
BullGuard
TrojanHunter
Tenebril Uninstaller (to try to get rid of that Home Search Assistent and Shopping Wizard in my Add/Remove Programs)
Spybot S&D
and (probably) a risky visit to regedit to remove a couple of strings in IE AboutUrl!

#2 donnapalmer

donnapalmer

    Member

  • Full Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:53 AM

Just wanted to let the professionals know not to "waste" resources on my little search problem...I found the fix myself, and now everything is hunky dory! Thanks for all the guidance you all provide here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button