dso exploit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 calgaryred

calgaryred

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:37 PM

I know there is a post about this spyware, but my problem is a little different. This isn't changing my home page I don't really know if it's doing anything. I've gone to a number of websites concerning this spyware problem. I have ad aware I have spybot and an updated mcafee security and fire wall. I'm not very computer minded. Actually i'm pretty bad. Anyways I got help installing spybot two days ago. Alot of spyware ad aware wasn't able to clean off was on this. Probably at least 9 or 10. I was able to get rid of everything except DSO exploit. It says that it's been cleaned off, but it's not. On other websites it says this spyware is in windows and with a current updated security installation it's not dangerous. I guess this spyware has been around since 2002 and from the info I recieved Mircosoft made a patch back in 2002 to control it though it hasn't come off. Something to do with a code? Which Spybot can't read. I kep reading it's a bug in Spybot. Anyways I'm left worried wondering how I can just get this off forever. Understand I am not that computer knowledgable.

#2 calgaryred

calgaryred

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:22 PM

I could really really use some help!

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:48 PM

Known bug in Spybot SD 1.3, will be fixed soon. There's a link to the Spybot forum in my signaature, below.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 calgaryred

calgaryred

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:55 PM

Reading articles these bug has been around since 2002? How long does it take spybot to fix these problems? :huh:

#5 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:56 PM

No, the bug is that Spybot SD keeps fixing it over and over.

The exploit was a real vulnerability in Windows, but Spybot is currently misidentifying it.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button