• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spydr1

Is XP System Restore a fix?

7 posts in this topic

Just curious--is using the Windows XP system restore a way to get rid of this bugger?

I've never used it, but I'm thinking I could go back to a point before I got this hijacker and get rid of it. At this point I know there is something buried in my computer that keeps bringing it back, no matter how many times Ad-Aware, etc clean it. Thoughts would be appreciated.

No system restore is only good for one time of logging in. It loads the last known good configuration. If the spyware is on there,and you rebooted, then the system restore would keep the system in the same state.

I'm currently running adaware, spybot, hijack this...all in safe mode. I hope it works...

you can for one reboot. If you have rebooted twice, then the last known good is only from the last successful logon.

No system restore is only good for one time of logging in. It loads the last known good configuration.  If the spyware is on there,and you rebooted, then the system restore would keep the system in the same state.

Wrong. You are thinking of NT.

XP keeps a number of restore points, the number depending on how much disk space you have allocated for them.

Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore.

Click Next and you get a calendaar showing the available Restore Points. If you have one dating from before your affliction then that would be good to use. Note that anything installed since then, not just malware, will vanish.

If you do use this method, it would be as well to delete all restore points, and then set a clean one. Otherwise it may be possible to restore the malware!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0