• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paranoid

Firefox 0.9.1

8 posts in this topic

Ok because of the last spyware infestation I switched over to Firefox. So far so good. Is there anything I need to know or do to make it more secure? I don't want to deal with spyware again.

The only thing I do with Firefox is turn off cookies and Java for general surfing. Sites like SWI are allowed in my Exceptions list. If I really want to view a site and cookies are mandatory, then I only allow them for the originating site and the session. Ditto for Java.

And I use a firewall as well, of course. :p

:wave:

How would I go about getting things setup as you have?

In Firefox, on the menu bar, go to Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Cookies and make sure the 'Enable cookies' box is unchecked.

For Java, Tools>>Options>>Web Features. Uncheck the Java and Java script boxes and in the 'Advanced' section, uncheck all the boxes except the last one.

Also, make sure the Block Pop-ups box is checked.

These settings can be changed at any time you requre Java and cookies. :D

:wave:

Edited by Freebird

I wouldn't do that with the images. A lot of sites load their images from a different server, mine included.

I wouldn't do that with the images. A lot of sites load their images from a different server, mine included.

Sure, it's a trade-off, but it's one sure way to kill web-bugs if you are worried.

On the other hand, I would allow cookies but only for current session and for originating site.

Another privacy tweak would be to disable referrers, but again there are trade-offs between functionality and privacy/security.

Edited by Paranoid