newest version of firefox?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slatherson

slatherson

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:33 PM

Thinking of making the move from IE to firefox. I've been to thier site and read a bit, and have done searches on this site as well. I'm still a little confused about what is the lastest version? The web site has version 0.9.1 Is this different from 0.9 RC? I've seen talk on here about version 1.7, where does this fall?

I want to get the lastest and greatest, what am I looking for? Also heard talk about something new in the near future (might have been an old post, cant remember) should I wait for it (whatever "IT" is)?

Thanks for the help!!!

S

#2 quack

quack

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:02 PM

no more thinking about it . . . make the move!

9.1 is the latest and is great!

1.7 refers to mozilla, the full featured browser.

u no u can have as many browsers as u like. Firefox is the way . . . leave the dark side! :lol:

#3 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 11:58 AM

Thinking of making the move from IE to firefox. I've been to thier site and read a bit, and have done searches on this site as well. I'm still a little confused about what is the lastest version? The web site has version 0.9.1 Is this different from 0.9 RC? I've seen talk on here about version 1.7, where does this fall?

I want to get the lastest and greatest, what am I looking for? Also heard talk about something new in the near future (might have been an old post, cant remember) should I wait for it (whatever "IT" is)?

Thanks for the help!!!

S

RC stands for release candiate. 0.9 RC is the release candiate of 0.9 it is not considered as stable as the final 0.9. 0.9.1 was a special release to fix some of the problems in 0.9.

In other words 0.9.1 is the one you want ,being the most stable and newest firefox available. There are newer versions available but they might have problems.
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button