screwing bugs / anyone analyze my hijackthis log?
1 reply to this topic
Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:04 AM
hello, i have a hijacker on my system and am posting this, hoping to find someone to help assist me in decifering my hijackthis log. i have run all the possible spyware search and removal programs i can find... including SPybot S&D AdAware ALuria Spyblaster, etc etc etc and have not had any luck in removing this mess off the computer. i read on spywareinfo.com about this hijackthis software and then asking for assistance on these forums to help look over the report and get advice on what to remove before changing anything on the computer, so i am here seeking someone to help. i read all the warnings about not simply posting my log up on this just yet until someone responds and asks for it and is willing to help. please feel free to email me also if you need as i am needing help with this mess on my computer. just fyi, what computer is doing is constantly changing my internet explorer homepage to res://bstdy.dll/index.html#96676 and sending popups advertising spyware software with images of little bugs screwing each other on it as well as constantly popping up windows error message windows asking me to insert my recovery disks for windows 2000 and office XP. thanks for any help
Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:13 PM
Due to the time passed ...
- HijackThis ...
- Install/Unzip it into C:\HJT.
- Only run HijackThis from C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe. That way we can ensure that we have the backup files available in the event that they are needed.
- Run HijackThis, click on scan and wait for the scan to finish.
- The "Scan" button will change to "Save Log", click on it and simply press "Save" on the window that will appear.
- Notepad will open with a copy of the log.
- Click on "Edit" => "Select All".
- Click on "Edit" => "Copy". This will copy the contents of the Notepad instance to the clipboard.
- Please post your entire log here for analysis.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users