Virus/Worm question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lizfl420

lizfl420

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:20 AM

Hi I have a running process, Support.exe. I did a search on MSN for it and found a site <www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/support>, which states that this is a worm: W32.Akosw@mm, W32/lsraz-A. This site also tells of other files and where they can be found. I searched my system for them (including Support.exe) and came up with nothing.

There seems to be nothing wrong w/ my PC and I've done housecall and McAfee scans, both clean.

So is this process truly part of a worm, or did I intepret the site wrong and Support.exe as a file would be the worm??

Thanks. :D

#2 mnosteele

mnosteele

Dr Tweak

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

This is usually a Dell process, it's thier support program. Is this a Dell?

:cool:

#3 lizfl420

lizfl420

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

Sure is a Dell. I thought I had read that somewhere before, that Support.exe was from their support or Dell Alerts or something. Alright cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. :D

#4 Baris

Baris

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:14 PM

Download a trial version of Kaspersky and do then a full system scan. ( Do not forget to update first). If Kasperksy finds nothing, then you are clean. :)

#5 mnosteele

mnosteele

Dr Tweak

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:33 PM

Download a trial version of Kaspersky and do then a full system scan. ( Do not forget to update first). If Kasperksy finds nothing, then you are clean. :)

He is clean, this is Dells software I have seen it a 1000 times.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button