2 replies to this topic

#1 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:38 AM

This dial up connection keeps appearing and breaking my internet connection. I'm not downloading it as it sometimes appears as soon as I try to connect to the net. At other times it just pops up. I presume its trying to dial a premium rate line, which it can't do as i have them blocked, but it is very annoying to keep having my connection broken. It shows as 'i-dialer' on dial-up networking and however many times I delete it it comes back. I run CWShedder, adaware, spybot, all updated, and they say nothing is there, I have spywareblaster and all the critical security updates. As far as I can tell my P.C. is clean. So how is it re-appearing? I had this problem once with 'holystic' dialers but adaware found the dialer-maker. Is this more of the same? Anyone anywhere got any suggestions? (hijack-this log on reqest) :wave:
just noticed i cant spell 'dial'. sory.

Edited by jedi, 30 June 2004 - 08:43 AM.

jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#2 SimonC

SimonC

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:36 PM

Got the same problem. I think I've got BT to block 09.. numbers, but they warn that this isn't 100% reliable.

I've run Spy-Bot and it hasn't found anything.

Any ideas?? :wtf:

#3 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 03:57 AM

Simon. Yes I did sort this problem out in the end. Unfortunately the fix is posted in bootcamp so I can't direct you to it, but for the moment try downloading Adaware from my link below (it's freeware) and see if you have a dialer-maker it can find and fix. Use the deepscan option.
However some dialers are loaded by a virus (as mine was) which needs a bit more work to get rid of.
If Adaware doesn't find and fix the problem post a HijackThis log in this link and I will get someone to take a look at it.
You can find Hijackthis at Merijn.org. Use the scan option and paste the results in this link. DO NOT delete anything even if it looks dodgy to you, as you can do damage that way. Let us look at it.
A good way to stop these things loading in the first place is to have an anti-trojan
program.
Spywareblaster (also in my links below) is good -and free- and will help stop you getting this stuff.
Come back to me in this thread. Good luck. :wave:

You can find Hijackthis at Merijn.org
Click on this link.

Edited by jedi, 16 July 2004 - 05:38 AM.

jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button