1 reply to this topic

#1 jaytee619

jaytee619

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hey guys,
This has been happening for a very long time now
I have uninstalled and installed firefox numerous times but my problem still continues
My problem is that everytime i open firefox, in the [Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Settings] unlike everyone else my box is not set to 'No Proxy' but it is automatically set to 'Manual Proxy Configuration' and it has some numbers inside.
This is a hassle as everytime i open firefox i need to go into the settings and change the box.
When i open firefox and there are updates for my Add - Ons they cannot update as i am not connected to the internet yet through firefox.
Can someone please help me find a way to make it set to 'No Proxy' each time i open firefox.
Thankyou

Take your time i know how busy you guys can be.
:)

#2 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

Hi jaytee619,

The setting that is causing Firefox to not remember your selections is stored in your user.js file.
See: http://kb.mozillazin...ences_not_saved

If you are able to change some preference settings but not others, look for a user.js file in your profile folder (Windows users, read this for help finding it). The user.js file does not exist by default; it is created by users and, in a few cases, by some software programs, so that certain settings get written back to the prefs.js file each time you restart your Mozilla application If you find a user.js file, either remove it from the profile folder or edit the file to remove any unwanted settings. See Resetting preferences for more information.

Let me know if anything is unclear. :)

screen317

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

†Gospodine, smiluj se nama†

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button