new BHO's?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 billtex47

billtex47

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:23 PM

anyone can help me get rid of this will be delared awesome!
my homepage is hijacked by something that starts with 9search, start,default page = res://c:\windows\qvgkq.dll/sp/html96676. i've deleted the .dll several times but it comes back with a differant combination- the only thing that stays the same is the "html#96676"
i tried "hijack this" and fixed it but it always comes back.
also have an unknown BHO {52402c3d-7b6f-co7f-a480d80055de}
i'm using mozilla now so it's not bothering me- would like to be rid of it though.
thanks

#2 scooter

scooter

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:18 AM

I know how you feel - I have a similar thing - been looking through all the options listed on various sites for past 24 hours - so just joined this one to get some answers. I am no expert and I have just started looking into fixing it - it was giving me plenty of grief on my laptop.

I too tried HijackThis (as well as Spybot) and it fixed it until I rebooted and then same thing - Explorer gets taken to site with html#96676.

I think it may have something to do with nettn.exe - which is in the 04 register (I think) which is the startup register. ALthough again - you should wait for experts before deleting cos it could be something required - I just took an educated guess and selected and tried fixing it.

I fixed and rebooted a number of times and then it didn't appear on HijackThis - and then after one more reboot my (new) Firewall picked it up nettn.exe as trying to access internet/servers which it strongly recommended NOT Allowing. Have you got a good firewall running - I think I may have got this before I sorted mine out - rookie mistake I know.

Also I have unknown BHO - different details, dont think I am allowed to add them to your topic even if similar. It ends with C:\Windows\ntby32.dll - which doesnt appear on any lists or searches - so i dunno what it is either - a bit suss on that too.

Not sure if that helps or hinders but hope you sort it out soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button