• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nobadeer

Removed spyware now IE and Opera bad images

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

This has happened to me twice. I remove some particularly nasty malware (about:blank) or (res://), anywhoo once removed, IE and Opera do not render the HTMLK correctly. Yahoo.com looks garbled and the .gif is messed up. Reinstalled JAVA, checked the Western/Euro in the reg files. Any ideas besides format/reinstall?

That's weird. What happens if you doubleclick a .gif on your hard drive? Or try to load it in opera or IE from the hard drive?

What did you use to remove the infection?

Yes very wierd. Opera does the same thing. So does firefox. It seems a lot of javascript is not working as well.

I used ad-aware

CWShredder

Spybot and the new about:blank removal tool.

other gifs that are on the hard disk are fine when i open in photoshop. If is save the image from the browser it is all distorted.

What happens if you doubleclick a .gif on your hard drive?  Or try to load it in opera or IE from the hard drive?

You didn't answer that question. Will IE, Opera or Firefox, display images you have stored on your HD correctly, that were not saved via your current problem browsers?

:wave:

Edited by Freebird