Anti-Spyware programs killed VPN client

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Caltrop

Caltrop

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:20 AM

I use Checkpoint SecuRemote to connect to my network at work. I had some nasty browser hijackings going on a while back, and I used adaware, spybot search and destroy, etc., to help me get rid of the problem (along with the advice of some smart folks from this forum)

Now, however, SecuRemote won't run on my machine at all. The initial process that it kicks off on startup cannot even start. My network team says that they are aware of the issue but have no clue as to how to fix it.

I was wondering if one of the smart people on this forum could comment on why this might be happening.

I also have spyware blaster with full protections turned on. I've tested turning them off to see if I could fix the problem, but no dice there.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

#2 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

Impossible to tell what happened without logs from each program you ran. Have you tried reinstalling SecuRemote to see if that fixes it?
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

#3 Caltrop

Caltrop

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:47 PM

Yes I did try that. I was hoping this would be someone's "known issue". Do you think logs of those programs still exist? I can take a look.

#4 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:36 AM

Look in the program files folder for each program. That's usually where they save them. I'm thinking something probably misidentified a component as spyware and removed it.
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button