W32Welchia.B.Worm & W32.Randex.gen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scorpio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:31 PM

Unfortunately I use this computer for work, banking, buying, in fact everything! I am totally tied to it and yet do not even understand the messages on your board. To cap all my troubles both Norton Anti Virus and AVG.7 can not get rid of the W32Welchia.B.Worm and the W32.Randex.gen virus's that are playing havok with this infernal machine. I can not make money or access money without the stupid thing and I have no money to pay for it fixed!!! Aaaah!! I must appologise for moaning, but on top of all that I have no idea what your replies mean, or how I would go about following them, as it all appears to be jargon to me! Please help I would love to be able to follow what to do in order that these things be gone!
Yours hopefully!

Edited by scorpio, 20 May 2004 - 04:33 PM.

#2 SoonerBorn

Evolving Amoeba Lifeform

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:08 PM

Hi Scorpio

First you need to click this link Housecall and select the "scan now its free" button and follow the on screen prompts. This is a free online virus scan and may fix some of your problems but not all so its important to continue with the following information so that someone can help you get completely clean.

After completing the virus scan click on this link Hijackthis it will prompt you to download a program that will assist in finding out what is wrong with you computer.

Click Save (not Open) and save the file to C:\hijackthis
If prompted click yes create folder.
After download is complete open My Computer locate your C: drive and open the folder hijackthis

Double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, Save Log
You will then be prompted to save the file named hijackthis.log click save

A new window will open displaying a notpad document
Press Ctrl-A to Select All
Press Ctrl-C to copy this

Then click this link Malware Forum and start a new topic and press CTRL-V to paste your report there.
Close hijackthis and check your new post periodically. An expert will assist you in a timely manner.

Thank you for your patience

Edited by SoonerBorn, 21 May 2004 - 12:49 AM.

Great movies to support our troops. Grouchy Media

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before windows failure. -Sun Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button