• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mcfuzz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:31 PM

Guess I just wanted to say Thanks to the people on this forum.

Had a problem with res://<random>.dll/<random>.html#<random>

But after following all the detailed instructions on your board I have gotten rid of the bug!

I vow never to touch Internet Explorer again.... so now I use Mozilla Forefox!!

Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

#2 mnew4

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:37 PM

Hey!! I totally wanted to express my thanks too!!!
I'd been fighting with the CoolWebSearch infection for 3 days....doing everything from downloading and running spyware and adware software, following online techs suggestions plus what Norton and Windows had told me to do....FOR DAYS!!
I was to the formating point, when I ran across this site and WALA - what was posted WORKED beautifully!

#3 luciouz

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:33 AM

I had a few problems a while back with spyware.. I was getting so many pop-ups and it was REALLY annoying.

My friend told me about this forum and to ask you guys for help, so I did. And I just wanted to say thanks for everyones help, I got quick replies with easy step-by-step instructions, and Im not that computer smart. Even when my problem got more and more complicated, WinHelp2002 especially was there to answer my questions. And my computer works GREAT now.

I know the helpers here are volunteers, and I just wanted to say good job with everything you do. You were extremely helpful. Keep up the great work! ;) :thumbsup:

#4 diamondsoul

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:15 AM

Ok guys, I just had to say I've been well and truly humbled a few minutes ago! I've been struggling with an nasty infection of spyware and it seems some Trojans too. I posted a log here and got a little frustrated because the last time I came hunting for help someone was on it pretty quickly, I think by the following morning.

Well I finally resorted to pleading yesterday and then started looking over the various folders. I do NOT know how you all do even half of what you accomplish! OSC has had a first look at my log and gotten started on resolving the problems so I'm really just going to shut up and be grateful! :D

Side question, I haven't been able to get into the chatroom tonight. Is it down or something or is this related to my malware issues??

#5 mjp65aa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:23 PM

It does not seem to be loading for me at the moment either...

#6 Nuke&Pave

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:42 AM

I'd like to add my voice to the choir and give my own personal testimony.

I, like I imagine many others here, am a virus (not adware) removal technician. I got nailed with the res:// thing a few weeks ago and, luckily, I was able to dispense with it in a few hours. I owe the seeds of the removal not to my employer, but to the advice of another member who recently got promoted to "Full Helper" status here.

I'd like to give you all a huge thank-you. The work you do is the kind of thing people should be paid obscenely for. I'd rather remove 10 viruses than one instance of adware.binet with the limited tools a large AV company can provide.

Specificaly, I want to thank a featured columnist on a totally unrelated website. Since he hasn't shared the 411 on his identity there, I will avoid doing so here.

Thank you, Mr. Oft-relocating, food-supply-testing, SpywareInfo-recomending guy.
Thank you, folks at SpywareInfo.com.
I suggest you turn off the computer, burn down the house, and run for your life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button