• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

UPDATE on Upgrade   02/07/2017

We were somewhat delayed on getting the upgrade done, but it looks like it will now be done in the next few days or possibly even later today.   There is one change coming with the new upgrade that may affect people when they log in. There will no longer be separate Usernames and Display Names. Your Display Name will now be the only name you have for the forum and, if you used your Username to log in, you will now need to use your Display Name. It is likely that everyone who visits after the upgrade will need to log in again, so please keep this in mind.   Update again - Feb 7 - We have completed the main part of the upgrade and we are working to tweak settings for the site.  It will probably take us a while, but we will eventually settle down to the way we want it.  In the meanwhile, your posts should be secure, but the look of the forum and some functions may change over time.
    • cnm

We backup daily at 9:00 PM Pacific Time   02/13/2017

You may notice the forum being unresponsive for a few minutes around 9:00 PM PST (11:00 PM CST, 5:00 AM GMT) while we back up the database.
    • cnm

Notifications blocked by Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, etc   02/14/2017

Our notifications are blocked by those mail servers. If you have email address at Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, etc etc then you will not get notifications and need to manually check for new replies. We recommend Gmail.   The notifications won't even be in your Spam folder - they just go down a black hole.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcfuzz

Thanks

6 posts in this topic

Guess I just wanted to say Thanks to the people on this forum.

Had a problem with res://<random>.dll/<random>.html#<random>

But after following all the detailed instructions on your board I have gotten rid of the bug!

I vow never to touch Internet Explorer again.... so now I use Mozilla Forefox!!

Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

Hey!! I totally wanted to express my thanks too!!!

I'd been fighting with the CoolWebSearch infection for 3 days....doing everything from downloading and running spyware and adware software, following online techs suggestions plus what Norton and Windows had told me to do....FOR DAYS!!

I was to the formating point, when I ran across this site and WALA - what was posted WORKED beautifully!

THANK YOU!

I had a few problems a while back with spyware.. I was getting so many pop-ups and it was REALLY annoying.

My friend told me about this forum and to ask you guys for help, so I did. And I just wanted to say thanks for everyones help, I got quick replies with easy step-by-step instructions, and Im not that computer smart. Even when my problem got more and more complicated, WinHelp2002 especially was there to answer my questions. And my computer works GREAT now.

I know the helpers here are volunteers, and I just wanted to say good job with everything you do. You were extremely helpful. Keep up the great work! ;):thumbsup:

Ok guys, I just had to say I've been well and truly humbled a few minutes ago! I've been struggling with an nasty infection of spyware and it seems some Trojans too. I posted a log here and got a little frustrated because the last time I came hunting for help someone was on it pretty quickly, I think by the following morning.

Well I finally resorted to pleading yesterday and then started looking over the various folders. I do NOT know how you all do even half of what you accomplish! OSC has had a first look at my log and gotten started on resolving the problems so I'm really just going to shut up and be grateful! :D

Side question, I haven't been able to get into the chatroom tonight. Is it down or something or is this related to my malware issues??

diamondsoul,

It does not seem to be loading for me at the moment either...

I'd like to add my voice to the choir and give my own personal testimony.

I, like I imagine many others here, am a virus (not adware) removal technician. I got nailed with the res:// thing a few weeks ago and, luckily, I was able to dispense with it in a few hours. I owe the seeds of the removal not to my employer, but to the advice of another member who recently got promoted to "Full Helper" status here.

I'd like to give you all a huge thank-you. The work you do is the kind of thing people should be paid obscenely for. I'd rather remove 10 viruses than one instance of adware.binet with the limited tools a large AV company can provide.

Specificaly, I want to thank a featured columnist on a totally unrelated website. Since he hasn't shared the 411 on his identity there, I will avoid doing so here.

Thank you, Mr. Oft-relocating, food-supply-testing, SpywareInfo-recomending guy.

Thank you, folks at SpywareInfo.com.