• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alley8

alley8

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:19 AM

Hello,

I'm not a computer expert & I need help from you guys. I used Spybot Search & Destroy trying to destroy the spyware except one can't be removed.

All can be removed except this file, it shows : MSInstall, Netscape app settings, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Netscape... Registry value.

I know nothing about this, can you pls help.

First, let me explain to you in details.

When I first bought Zerospyware online & installed it, everything work out fine until one day when I encountered the problem, this company refused to help me & just pretended nothing happened. They've a LiveChat for help, I spoke to them several times & the operators kept giving me excuses saying that the engineers are still working on it & would come back to me, but till date they didn't. It's been 2 months already & they are just lying to me all the time. I felt cheated by them.

I just downloaded the Spybot-S&D from the Download.com & start using it, it can remove most of the spywares that Zerospyware can't, I'm quite surprise.

The problem that I'm encountering is there will always be a New Folder under my favourites IE browser & I noticed that it makes my computer fan (CPU) works very fan.

The fan will start running even though I just switch on my computer. If I delete the New Folder, after a while it'll re-appear again. While I'm surfing the net, I'll have to keep checking my favourites folder to make sure that it doesn't re-appear, otherwise it slowed down the speed of my browser. Example, when you click the favourites button, the end result is it will hang on for a while before it opens, just a few seconds that's all.

Another problem is it messes up my task bar, there is always a search box below & all the quick launch buttons around when I strat my computer. In the past, I don't encounter all this problems.

Can you all pls help, thanks in advance.

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

We need a closer look at what's happening.
Please download Hijack this
Copy it into its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, do Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

As far as the Zerospyware program, I would suggest that you have a look at this page, and form your own opinion!
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button