I found the dll for cws and about blank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vyunda

vyunda

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

Fighting cws and about blank for four days and finally found the sucker causing it!
I used ad-aware,spybot,cws shredder and spy sweeper,hijack this and buddy's,norton didn't help actually none of these programs got rid of it.Deleting registry keys didn't work and I also found this trojan starting itself up in the boot.ini files,check all boot paths and it shows itself as a bad registry key and then delete it and go to general in msconfig and check boot normally.I also found malware in my realone player program,real player reported to me but I closed out the program before I could find it but it was still listed in the history folder with an address to the hijackers website,but it was installed into my real player so I had to uninstall it,fixed that problem.Turned off system restore until this can be fixed.Doing that cripples the trojan but it's still there.One big problem with it being in the LOG.dll is windows protects this dll and it can't be deleted.My notepad is corrupt,this trojan screwed up my notepad some how so editing it is not an option for me.For now using a different browser is a good way to get what you need done.Ok here's what found it,It's a program called AVG 6.0 grisoft I think is the company?But it can't remove the virus,someone figure this out soon,before they figure out a new way around fixing this virus.

#2 vyunda

vyunda

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

I dragged the dll to the desktop put it in a folder and ran the AVG virus program and it contained it..woo hoo I wish I would of thought about that earlier.System clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button