• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Piccolo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:55 PM

Hi. This is my first post. I downloaded CWShredded some time ago V.1.52.0 and used it today for the first time. I get this message: "Spywareinfo. Is the file name random? C:\Windows\DIRECTCC.EXE
The file name could be part of CWS.Control 4.90.3000"

Doing a Search, the file is there with the Note: "Go to Add/Remove in Control Panel and add the file". I've never noticed this file before and wondering if I should add it or disable it?? You help appreciated.

I use Win ME.

#2 Piccolo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

Re Piccolo:
To follow up on my previous post, this may shed some light, as I could not cut/paste, here it is:

After running the CWS V.1.52.0 I got this message:
"The following file could be part of CWS Control 4, which uses random filenames. If the file displayed below has a filename that looks like a random string of characters,it should be deleted.
CWShredder can't determine this for you. If you're not sure, write down the filename, click "No" and ask someone for help, or post on the SpywareInfo forum. Is the filename random?"

On a Search: The folowing Properties of the above file are:
C:\Windows 68 KB appl. 6/8/2000 and the following pop-up when resuming with CWS:
"Direct Cable connection is not installed. Double click the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control Panel and install Direct Cable Connection from Windows Setup."

I'm using DSL with a modem; using Win ME. Tks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button