Checking to see if I'm keylogged
Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:22 PM
My computer isn't running slow or anything, I just download a lot of crap and I'm kinda paranoid. I use key stroke encrypters just in case, but that still may not protect me and it certainly won't protect me from remote access tools.
my OS is windows XP
I don't have any special firewall or anything, just my windows firewall and my linksys box (this computer is on a wireless network)
let me know if you need anymore information
Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:23 AM
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.
Thank you for your patience.
[this is an automated reply]
Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:29 PM
Care to elaborate..?
I just download a lot of crap...
Let's check for malicious software running..
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Next, please download HijackThis from here.
Save it to a permanent folder (such as C:\HJT).
Next, open HijackThis, and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
A Notepad document will open. Please post the contents of that document.
Next, please use the Internet Explorer browser, and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner
Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component
Click Accept, when prompted to download and install the program files and database of malware definitions.
- Click Run at the Security prompt.
- The program will then begin downloading and installing and will also update the database.
- Please be patient as this can take several minutes.
- Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
- Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
- Click View scan report at the bottom.
- Click the Save Report As... button.
- Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply.
To optimize scanning time and produce a more sensible report for review:
- Close any open programs.
- Turn off the real-time scanner of all antivirus or antispyware programs while performing the online scan.
Finally, download my Security Check from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
†Gospodine, smiluj se nama†
Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:09 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
†Gospodine, smiluj se nama†
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users