ISnipeIt chock full of adware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quierosalsa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:42 AM

Hello to all,

I just wanted to post this message to caution everyone about a shareware program (or should I call it adware) named ISnipeIt. This program is supposed to be an eBay auction sniper. I would tell you about how great it works, except that I never really got to try it out. Immediately after installing this program, I noticed a huge increase in random popup ads when I surfed the web, so I uninstalled it. Unfortunately the damage had already been done. I'm still working on removing all the adware and spyware that it installed on my system.

#2 ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:48 AM

Once I had the same problem with a file called "columbo.exe" (I love Columbo) and the file contained indeed stuff about Columbo, but also a huge number of spyware.
Just keep in mind that downloading of FREE STUFF, like MP3's, screensavers, software, whatever, ... is one of the main reasons why people get malware on their harddisk.
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#3 ChaoGuy

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:33 PM

Well I just recently tested the program, got some news that I did not get any of the files that would register as Ad-ware, meaning I did not have any, plus from checking the Hijack-This log, it did not register any thing, of coruse there is a reason for this too, because I currnely have long list of restricted websites that probbly holted the installation of this ad ware that would be bundled with this soft ware, but that is just what I know about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button