Rundll32 issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rayvor

Rayvor

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:34 AM

I've been trying for a few hours now to fix my computer and as off yet havent been able to. From what I've read and seen the computer do I imagine I have issues with my rundll32 file. I cannot open any .exe files. When I try it asks me what program I want to use to open it with. At first I attempted to fix the file associations thinking that was the problem but it was very difficult to even attempt that as I cannot open my control panel or make use of the run command. The microsoft site tells me to find my system cd to fix the rundll file. I havent managed to find it yet in my house. Hopefully someone here can give me some advice while I continue to tear my basement to pieces searching for this cd.

#2 Rayvor

Rayvor

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:02 AM

My problem started when Diskeeper told me that it wasnt going to run because the check disk program was scheduled to run on the next reboot so I decided to go ahead and reboot the computer. When it came back up all my file associations were gone. Still havent managed to fix anything. Replaced the rundll32 file and that didnt help. I can't open my antivirus program so I'm still waiting for Nortin to finish its free online scan.

#3 Rayvor

Rayvor

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:45 AM

Virus scan complete...I'm clean. Thats comforting but now I really want to know how all the file association blanked out and how to fix them. I tried a site that had assosiation fixes and that didnt work. Not sure if that was because of the computer or my own lack of understanding though. Suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button