• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hi All,

I am struggling with this infection on a laptop (Toshiba) using Microsoft XP. Here are a few steps that I have tried. The laptop will only boot normally in safe mode. The laptop came to with with the main complaint being that it would not boot normally or would lock up after a few minutes.

1. Tried installing and running Malwarebytes. The GUI never pops up. I can see the MBAM.exe program running through Task Manager. I have tried renaming the setup file and the .exe file with the same result.
2. Tried installing HijackThis. The HJTInstal.exe will not run in safe mode. I can see the HJTInstall.exe process in the Task Manager, but again no GUI shows up.
2. I cannot run my anti virus program, which is Symantec. It errors out.
3. I cannot run other spyware/malware removal programs. I have tried Lavasoft Ad-Aware which also errors out. I have also installed and tried to run Spybot Search & Destroy with the same result.
4. I tried to transfer a downloaded Hijack this program via a thumb drive, but cannot see the thumb drive on the laptop. As a result, I am unable to post a Hijack this report.

Any inputs to at least get me started would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently trying to run a online scan in safe mode (w/ networking) through PandaSecurity. Update: results indicate an infection named "Adware/SystemAntivirus2008" alias "Trojan.Win32.FraudPack.ry,". The Panda scanned quicker than I am used to (i.e. only took about 1-2 minutes). It may not have reported a complete infection listing.

Thanks,
Chris

Edited by Cspina, 29 June 2009 - 02:28 PM.

#2 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Hi Cspina

I suggest printing out each set of instructions and reading the entire post before proceeding. It will make following them easier. Please follow the directions in the order listed.

I tried to transfer a downloaded Hijack this program via a thumb drive, but cannot see the thumb drive on the laptop. As a result, I am unable to post a Hijack this report.

It's highly likely that this USB drive is now infected. Do NOT use it in another system, as you can end up infecting any system you insert it into as soon as it's plugged in.

Download the latest version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from a clean, uninfected system.

ftp://downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/index.html
Also go go http://www.trendsecu...ckthis/download, select the option for Download HijackThis Executable, and save the file as analyse.exe.
Burn the two files to CD/DVD (do NOT use a USB drive).

• Copy the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from CD/DVD to your Desktop.
  • Reboot to Safe mode.
  • Close all other applications and double-click and run the installer.
  • When AVPTool starts, select all the scanable items except for CD-ROM drives.
  • After that click on Security level (1) then choose Customize (2) then click on the tab that says Heuristic Analyzer (3) then choose Enable deep rootkit search (4) and then choose OK.
    Posted Image
  • Then choose OK again to go back to the main screen and click the Scan button.
  • If malware is detected, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • After the scan finishes, if any threat remains in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button
  • In the window that opens, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot: click the Ok button to close the window.
  • In the Scan window click the Reports button and select Save to file.
  • Name the report AVPT.txt, and save it to the Desktop.
  • Close AVPTool.
  • You will be prompted if you want to uninstall the program; click Yes.
  • You will then be prompted that to complete the uninstallation, the computer must be restarted. Select Yes to restart the system.
  • Copy and paste the first part of the report (Detected) that you saved in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.

Tried installing and running Malwarebytes. The GUI never pops up. I can see the MBAM.exe program running through Task Manager. I have tried renaming the setup file and the .exe file with the same result.

So it did install, and you renamed mbam.exe?
Using Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, locate the file mbam.exe that you renamed (it's the largest file in the folder), and double-click on it to start it, be certain to check for any updates, and to clean anything found. If it still won't run, try running it in Safe mode (NOT with Networking). You won't be able to check for updates from Safe mode as you will not have network capability, but if the program runs, scan your system, clean anything found, and save the log.
Restart your system.

Now copy the renamed HijackThis from CD/DVD to a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HijackThis and double-click to run the program and save a log file.

Please post a HijackThis log, the log from MBAM if you were able to run it, the requested portion of the Kaspersky log (only the requested (Detected) section, not the longer portion marked Events), and note any errors encountered.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

#3 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

First of all, thank you very much for your post and help....

I started the AVPtool scan around 7:30P.M. PST last night. It ran all night and was still at only 24% complete this morning. It appeared to be scanning the same file I saw last night before I left. Here's some info from the AVPtool.

Scanning file: Afrikaans.txt

Detected: 36
Untreated: 36

I was running this scan in safe mode w/o networking.

I went ahead and clicked the button Neutralize even though the scan appeared locked. It actually changed the scanning filename to one of the trojan viruses that was on the list. The progress bar seemed slow. I had to leave for work, but will check again when I get home and post any updates.

Thanks,
Cspina

#4 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

The status had not changed for about 8 hours.

I started another scan. I noticed the "skip" button. I will see if it hangs again on the same file. By the way, please help clarify your step:

"If malware is detected, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active)."

I do not see an Apply to all check box nor a delete or disinfection button. I can see a delete or disinfect after a right mouse button click.

Update: It hung at a different spot this time. The skip button is not available to click.

Edited by Cspina, 01 July 2009 - 07:18 PM.

#5 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

I'm not positive of the window names, as I'm not running the program right now, when an infected item is detected you will receive notification that you have a threat. If you select Apply to All, it will automatically select that option for all infected items. If possible that you may not see that option unless you have more than one item detected. In Kaspersky Internet Security, the window is labeled Detected Threats.

For the time it's taking, do you have large downloaded programs, such as multi-part rar files? If you do, they can take quite a long time to scan.

If you continue to have trouble, and cannot get the scan to complete, try a scan where you boot from a CD with the program, so there is no malware running to interfere. I would download and burn this disc on a clean system:

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.
  • Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from here.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
Posted Image

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
Posted Image

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
Posted Image

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now
  • repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.
Restart your system and see if you can now run HijackThis and post a log.

Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

#6 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:03:49 AM, on 7/2/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\MSCamS32.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Router Service\pnroutsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
c:\Toshiba\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TCtrlIOHook.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoomingHook.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\psqltray.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
C:\Program Files\Metamail Inc\Metamail Tray\Metamail Trust Manager.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\METAMA~1\METAMA~1\METAMA~2.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = comcast.net/home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;*.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 browser-security.microsoft.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 spyware-protector-2009.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 www.spyware-protector-2009.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 secure.spyware-protector-2009.com
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: BHO - {ABD42510-9B22-41cd-9DCD-8182A2D07C63} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TCtryIOHook] TCtrlIOHook.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPNF] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVPWUTIL] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Windows Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HWSetup] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\HWSetup.exe hwSetUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEKEY] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoomingHook] ZoomingHook.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSQLLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\launcher.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE2] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmapp] "C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [system tool] C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [svcho] C:\WINDOWS\svcho.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Metamail Trust Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Metamail Inc\Metamail Tray\Metamail Trust Manager.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O16 - DPF: {2D8ED06D-3C30-438B-96AE-4D110FDC1FB8} (ActiveScan 2.0 Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...s/as2stubie.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9F79165-A264-4C4A-A211-133A5E8D647F} (F-Secure Health Check 1.1) - http://support.f-sec.../fshc/fscax.cab
O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Network Magic Service (nmservice) - Pure Networks, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Router Manager (pnrouter) - Pure Networks, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Router Service\pnroutsv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\Toshiba\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe

--
End of file - 14397 bytes

#7 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Excellent, you can post a log now!

Now you need to run HijackThis and click "Do a system scan only." Place a check next to the following entries (if they are still there):

O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 browser-security.microsoft.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 spyware-protector-2009.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 www.spyware-protector-2009.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.65.122 secure.spyware-protector-2009.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: BHO - {ABD42510-9B22-41cd-9DCD-8182A2D07C63} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [system tool] C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [svcho] C:\WINDOWS\svcho.exe

Now close all browser and other windows except for HijackThis, and click "Fix Checked" to have HijackThis fix the entries you checked.

Using Windows Explorer, delete the following files if still found:
C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\svcho.exe

Download HostsXpert from here: http://www.funkytoad.../HostsXpert.zip
Extract the file HostsXpert.exe to your Desktop and run it.
Press 'Restore Original Hosts' and press 'OK'
Exit Program.
Note: if you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Download the latest version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (delete your previous copy).
ftp://downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com/devbu...Tool/index.html
  • Save the file to your Desktop
  • Reboot to Safe mode.
  • Close all other applications and double-click and run the installer.
  • When AVPTool starts, select all the scanable items except for CD-ROM drives.
  • After that click on Security level (1) then choose Customize (2) then click on the tab that says Heuristic Analyzer (3) then choose Enable deep rootkit search (4) and then choose OK.
    Posted Image
  • Then choose OK again to go back to the main screen and click the Scan button.
  • If malware is detected, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • After the scan finishes, if any threat remains in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button
  • In the window that opens, place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click the Delete button (or Disinfect if the button is active).
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot: click the Ok button to close the window.
  • In the Scan window click the Reports button and select Save to file.
  • Name the report AVPT.txt, and save it to the Desktop.
  • Close AVPTool.
  • You will be prompted if you want to uninstall the program; click Yes.
  • You will then be prompted that to complete the uninstallation, the computer must be restarted. Select Yes to restart the system.
  • Copy and paste the first part of the report (Detected) that you saved in your next reply. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
Please post a new HijackThis log, the log from MBAM, the requested portion of the log from the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, and note any errors encountered.

#8 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Here's the requested data... Thanks for your help.

Scan saved at 6:47:40 AM, on 7/3/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = comcast.net/home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;*.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVPWUTIL] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Windows Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HWSetup] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\HWSetup.exe hwSetUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSQLLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Protector Suite QL\launcher.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE2] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmapp] "C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LogitechSoftwareUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Metamail Trust Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Metamail Inc\Metamail Tray\Metamail Trust Manager.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {2D8ED06D-3C30-438B-96AE-4D110FDC1FB8} (ActiveScan 2.0 Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...s/as2stubie.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9F79165-A264-4C4A-A211-133A5E8D647F} (F-Secure Health Check 1.1) - http://support.f-sec.../fshc/fscax.cab
O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Network Magic Service (nmservice) - Pure Networks, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Router Manager (pnrouter) - Pure Networks, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Router Service\pnroutsv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe

--
End of file - 13284 bytes

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2365
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

7/2/2009 3:37:24 PM
mbam-log-2009-07-02 (15-37-24).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 100213
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 5
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 11

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{abd42510-9b22-41cd-9dcd-8182a2d07c63} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\prunnet (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC (Rootkit.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AvScan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll.XXX (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\UACdsuncsak.dll.XXX (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\UACmnjkdedb.dll.XXX (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\UACnuthojkg.dll.XXX (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\UACswqxmdws.dll.XXX (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\UACvcrmyqro.dll.XXX (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\windows\system32\drivers\UACtmihpuhv.sys.XXX (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\melissa sit\local settings\Temp\UACb86f.tmp (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\UACxonfpuef.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\UACykmrpxoi.log (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Scan
----
Scanned: 821964
Detected: 39
Untreated: 0
Start time: 7/2/2009 3:52:17 PM
Duration: 14:43:21
Finish time: 7/3/2009 6:35:38 AM

Detected
--------
Status Object
------ ------
deleted: malware Hoax.Win32.Bravia.jk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\087C0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: malware Hoax.Win32.Renos.vbcw File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\08880000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.XPSecurityCenter.as File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09700001.VBN//CryptZ/XPSecurityCenter.dll
deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.XPSecurityCenter.af File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\09700001.VBN//CryptZ/wscui.cpl//NSPack
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.FraudLoad.vnla File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0B2C0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.FraudLoad.vnla File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0B380000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.alnt File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DD80000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent2.gyk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DDC0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent2.gyk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DE00000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.alnt File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DE40000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent2.gyk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DE40001.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.alnt File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DE80000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent2.gyk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DE80001.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.alnt File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DF00000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent2.gyk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DF00001.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent2.gyk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DF00002.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.alnt File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DF80000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.alnt File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0DFC0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.UltimateDefender.a File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0E6C0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Pakes.mag File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10300000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.VB.hmc File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10300001.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.VB.jbm File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10340000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.asmf File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10440000.VBN//CryptZ//PE_Patch.UPX//UPX
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.asmf File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10480000.VBN//CryptZ//PE_Patch.UPX//UPX
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Pakes.mag File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10480001.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Pakes.mag File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\10480002.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Agent.asmf File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\104C0000.VBN//CryptZ//PE_Patch.UPX//UPX
deleted: Trojan program Packed.Win32.PECompact (modification) File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\104C0001.VBN//CryptZ//PE_Patch.PECompact//PecBundle//PECompact
deleted: Trojan program Packed.Win32.Tdss.h File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\120C0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Packed.Win32.Tdss.h File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\12780000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Packed.Win32.Tdss.h File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\12840000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Rootkit.Win32.Agent.iuq File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\12840001.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Packed.Win32.Tdss.h File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\129C0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Packed.Win32.Tdss.h File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\12A00000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.XPSecurityCenter.as File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\13C00000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: new threat not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.XPSecurityCenter.p File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\13C00001.VBN//CryptZ//UPack
deleted: malware Hoax.Win32.Renos.vbcw File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\13C80000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: malware Hoax.Win32.Bravia.jk File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\13CC0000.VBN//CryptZ
deleted: Trojan program Trojan-Downloader.Win32.FraudLoad.vnla File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\16000001.VBN//CryptZ

#9 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

You're making great progress from a system where you couldn't even boot normally. and I see from your HijackThis log that you were in normal mode. :thumbup:

Download ComboFix© by sUBs from one of these locations:

http://download.blee...Bs/ComboFix.exe
http://www.forospywa...Bs/ComboFix.exe
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

Familiarize yourself with ComboFix before running it:
http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

• Disable your AntiVirus and any AntiSpyware programs you may be running (usually via a right click on the System Tray icon) to prevent them from interfering.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. There are some difficult to remove infections that will only be fixed if you have the Recovery Console installed.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware. When finished, it will save a log.
Please include the contents of the log at C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log, and note any errors encountered.

#10 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

Yes... Nice work.

ComboFix 09-07-02.02 - name 07/03/2009 7:58.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1014.545 [GMT -7:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\name\Desktop\ComboFix.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\windows\kb913800.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-------\Service_UACd.sys

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-06-03 to 2009-07-03 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-07-03 14:37 . 2009-07-03 14:37 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp
2009-07-02 22:29 . 2009-06-17 18:27 38160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2009-07-02 22:29 . 2009-07-02 22:29 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2009-07-02 22:29 . 2009-06-17 18:27 19096 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2009-07-02 13:03 . 2009-07-03 13:47 -------- d-----w- C:\HijackThis
2009-06-29 01:40 . 2008-06-20 00:24 28544 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\pavboot.sys
2009-06-29 01:40 . 2009-06-29 01:40 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Panda Security
2009-06-29 00:55 . 2009-06-29 00:55 -------- d-----w- C:\91d74685d2e2b813e1b3
2009-06-27 05:30 . 2008-05-03 11:55 2560 ------w- c:\windows\system32\xpsp4res.dll
2009-06-27 05:30 . 2008-04-21 12:08 215552 -c----w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wordpad.exe
2009-06-22 22:23 . 2009-06-22 22:23 239088 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\name\Application Data\Mozilla\plugins\npgoogletalk.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-07-03 13:32 . 2009-04-04 04:13 664 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\d3d9caps.dat
2009-07-02 22:22 . 2006-02-20 21:36 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2009-07-02 22:21 . 2006-08-18 08:33 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Lavasoft
2009-06-29 01:06 . 2008-09-12 05:02 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Enigma Software Group

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2008-04-14 15360]
"TOSCDSPD"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe" [2004-12-30 65536]
"LogitechSoftwareUpdate"="c:\program files\Logitech\Video\ManifestEngine.exe" [2005-06-08 196608]
"LDM"="c:\program files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe" [2007-03-08 67128]
"Google Update"="c:\documents and settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" [2008-11-16 133104]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DLA"="c:\windows\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE" [2005-10-06 122940]
"IntelWireless"="c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" [2005-11-28 602182]
"vptray"="c:\progra~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe" [2002-08-28 77824]
"Tvs"="c:\program files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe" [2005-11-30 73728]
"TPNF"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe" [2005-12-14 53248]
"SVPWUTIL"="c:\program files\Toshiba\Windows Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe" [2004-05-01 65536]
"SmoothView"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe" [2005-04-27 122880]
"Pinger"="c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe" [2005-03-18 151552]
"PadTouch"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe" [2005-07-15 1077322]
"LVCOMSX"="c:\windows\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE" [2005-07-20 221184]
"IntelZeroConfig"="c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe" [2005-12-05 667718]
"igfxtray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2005-11-28 98304]
"igfxpers"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2005-11-28 118784]
"igfxhkcmd"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2005-11-28 77824]
"HWSetup"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\HWSetup.exe" [2004-05-01 28672]
"ehTray"="c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 64512]
"CeEKEY"="c:\program files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe" [2005-12-01 671744]
"Apoint"="c:\program files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe" [2004-03-24 196608]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"="c:\program files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe" [2005-07-15 479232]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2008-02-25 185896]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-09-06 413696]
"PSQLLauncher"="c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\launcher.exe" [2006-01-14 30208]
"OpwareSE2"="c:\program files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\OpwareSE2.exe" [2003-05-08 49152]
"nmapp"="c:\program files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe" [2005-08-10 487424]
"LogitechVideoTray"="c:\program files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe" [2005-06-08 217088]
"LogitechVideoRepair"="c:\program files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe" [2005-06-08 458752]
"LifeCam"="c:\program files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe" [2007-05-17 279912]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-09-11 289576]
"TCtryIOHook"="TCtrlIOHook.exe" - c:\windows\system32\TCtrlIOHook.exe [2006-01-04 28672]
"TPSMain"="TPSMain.exe" - c:\windows\system32\TPSMain.exe [2005-06-01 282624]
"TFncKy"="TFncKy.exe" [BU]
"TDispVol"="TDispVol.exe" - c:\windows\system32\TDispVol.exe [2005-12-27 73728]
"RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE" - c:\windows\RTHDCPL.exe [2005-12-09 15691264]
"NDSTray.exe"="NDSTray.exe" [BU]
"AGRSMMSG"="AGRSMMSG.exe" - c:\windows\agrsmmsg.exe [2005-10-15 88203]
"ZoomingHook"="ZoomingHook.exe" - c:\windows\system32\ZoomingHook.exe [2005-06-06 24576]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk - c:\program files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe [2007-3-7 67128]
Metamail Trust Manager.lnk - c:\program files\Metamail Inc\Metamail Tray\Metamail Trust Manager.exe [2006-2-20 329472]
RAMASST.lnk - c:\windows\system32\RAMASST.exe [2006-2-20 155648]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\psfus]
2006-01-14 02:40 40448 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\psqlpwd.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
Notification Packages REG_MULTI_SZ scecli psqlpwd

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusOverride"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\TOSHIBA\\ivp\\NetInt\\Netint.exe"=
"c:\\TOSHIBA\\Ivp\\ISM\\pinger.exe"= c:\\TOSHIBA\\IVP\\ISM\\pinger.exe
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\TopSpeed\\2.0\\aoltsmon.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\TopSpeed\\2.0\\aoltpspd.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\1140473335\\EE\\AOLServiceHost.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\System Information\\sinf.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\AOL Spyware Protection\\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\AOL Spyware Protection\\asp.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AolCoach\\en_en\\player\\AOLNySEV.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Logitech\\Desktop Messenger\\8876480\\Program\\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\AIM6\\aim6.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
"c:\\Documents and Settings\\Melissa Sit\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Google Talk Plugin\\googletalkplugin.dll"=
"c:\\Documents and Settings\\Melissa Sit\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Google Talk Plugin\\googletalkplugin.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\VeohWebPlayer\\veohwebplayer.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\SightSpeed\\SightSpeed.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft LifeCam\\LifeCam.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft LifeCam\\LifeExp.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"3389:TCP"= 3389:TCP:@xpsp2res.dll,-22009
"67:UDP"= 67:UDP:DHCP Discovery Service

R0 pavboot;pavboot;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pavboot.sys [6/28/2009 6:40 PM 28544]
R2 FdRedir;FdRedir;c:\program files\Common Files\Protector Suite QL\Drivers\FdRedir.sys [1/13/2006 7:52 PM 13568]
R2 FileDisk2;FileDisk Protector Kernel Driver;c:\program files\Common Files\Protector Suite QL\Drivers\filedisk.sys [1/13/2006 7:52 PM 33024]
R2 smihlp;SMI helper driver;c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\smihlp.sys [1/13/2006 7:24 PM 3456]
S3 MSHUSBVideo;NX6000/NX3000/VX7000 Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\nx6000.sys [1/5/2009 5:49 PM 34136]
S4 Viewpoint Manager Service;Viewpoint Manager Service;"c:\program files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe" --> c:\program files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe [?]
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2009-03-22 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 19:34]

2009-07-03 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005Core.job
- c:\documents and settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2008-11-16 07:29]

2009-07-03 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005UA.job
- c:\documents and settings\Melissa Sit\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2008-11-16 07:29]

2009-04-03 c:\windows\Tasks\Norton Security Scan for Melissa Sit.job
- c:\program files\Norton Security Scan\Nss.exe [2008-09-19 03:20]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = comcast.net/home
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost;*.local
IE: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
IE: &Google Search - c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
IE: &Translate English Word - c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
IE: Backward Links - c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
IE: Cached Snapshot of Page - c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - c:\program files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
IE: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - c:\program files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
IE: Easy-WebPrint Preview - c:\program files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
IE: Easy-WebPrint Print - c:\program files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
IE: Similar Pages - c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
IE: Translate Page into English - c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
Handler: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - c:\program files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-07-03 08:03
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\CustomSearch\D…X*w¼]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""
"Index"=dword:00000000
"Installed"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\CustomSearch\*H]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\CustomSearch\*™f@w*]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\earchCombo\CustomSearch\**]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\ersion\CustomSearch\*@*e¼*]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\*=w*\CustomSearch]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""
"Index"=dword:03225e40
"Installed"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\ F!°˜ 
\CustomSearch\¬·ĄĢ ąi s t o r y  ]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""
"Icon"=hex:ac,17,b7,01,e0,07,1f,02,e0,16,21,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,
00,00,0b,00,00,00,0f,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,30,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1612060038-924215145-223809591-1005\Software\America Online\ieToolbar\uu¼h*i*s* *c*o*p*y* *o*f* *W*i*n*d*o*w*s* *&*l*e*g*a*l*?\CustomSearch]
"Url"=""
"Post"=""
"Index"=dword:03225e40
"Installed"=dword:00000001
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(964)
c:\windows\system32\vrlogon.dll
c:\windows\system32\psqlpwd.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\infra.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\homefus2.dll
c:\windows\system32\biologon.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\homepass.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\bio.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\remote.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\crypto.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\mysafe.dll

- - - - - - - > 'lsass.exe'(1020)
c:\windows\system32\psqlpwd.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\homefus2.dll

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(4492)
c:\program files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE2.0\ophookSE2.dll
c:\windows\system32\TDispVol.dll
c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
c:\program files\Common Files\aolshare\aolshcpy.dll
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\mysafe.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceTypes.dll
c:\windows\system32\PortableDeviceApi.dll
c:\windows\system32\TPwrCfg.DLL
c:\windows\system32\TPwrReg.dll
c:\windows\system32\TPSTrace.DLL
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\program files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltpspd.exe
c:\program files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
c:\program files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
c:\windows\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehrecvr.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehSched.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\program files\Microsoft LifeCam\MSCamS32.exe
c:\program files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmsrvc.exe
c:\program files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
c:\program files\Pure Networks\Router Service\pnroutsv.exe
c:\program files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
c:\toshiba\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
c:\windows\ehome\mcrdsvc.exe
c:\windows\system32\dllhost.exe
c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe
c:\windows\system32\TPSBattM.exe
c:\program files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
c:\windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
c:\program files\Protector Suite QL\psqltray.exe
c:\program files\Apoint2K\ApntEx.exe
c:\program files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
c:\progra~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
c:\program files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
c:\progra~1\METAMA~1\METAMA~1\METAMA~2.EXE
Completion time: 2009-07-03 8:08 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-07-03 15:07

Pre-Run: 60,355,035,136 bytes free
Post-Run: 60,401,844,224 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Media Center Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /bootlog

339 --- E O F --- 2009-06-27 05:32

Scan saved at 8:11:00 AM, on 7/3/2009

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896

--
End of file - 13280 bytes

Edited by Cspina, 03 July 2009 - 10:30 AM.

#11 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

That got a little bit remaining of one of the infections.

Please run Notepad and copy the following text into a new file:

sc config "Viewpoint Manager Service" start= disabled
sc stop "Viewpoint Manager Service"
sc delete "Viewpoint Manager Service"
Save the file to the desktop as remove.bat and make sure the "Save as type" field says "All files". Locate remove.bat on the Desktop and double-click on it to run it.

Go to start > run and copy and paste next command in the field:
ComboFix /u

Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /
Then hit enter.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.

How is the system running now?

#12 Cspina

Cspina

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Seems to be running normal. I will now work on some preventive measures.

Thank you very much for your time and help. I learned a lot. I hope I can be as proficient as you in interpreting the logs, etc.

Regards,
Cspina

#13 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Thank you very much for your time and help.

I'm glad I could help. :)

I hope I can be as proficient as you in interpreting the logs, etc.

If you would like to learn, Read this topic, especially the part on Helper Trainee:
The various helper groups here, Who is helping you?

#14 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,325 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

Since the issue appears to be resolved this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button