• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blazefielding

Help with Goored/problem with redirecting

3 posts in this topic

I previously had a few viruses, which i managed to fix. (vlob dns changer & malware doctor or something, these problems are solved)

They mainly caused my searches to be redirected constantly.

However after i got my laptop back, i noticed the vlob came back, but to fix this i logged onto my router and changed the DNS setting to automatic, which apeared to fix my re-direct problem and has prevented the virus coming back.

however! there is still a slight issue with google searches being redirected. Most searches are redirected to 'myclickcheck', which brings up faulty search sites, sometimes even sites which link to viruses. After some searching around, i found that it is still possibly malware that has 'infected' firefox or something, and the name which kept popping up was 'gooredfix', which i have download. the log from that is:

GooredFix v1.92 by jpshortstuff

Log created at 21:30 on 29/06/2009 running Option #1 (Borge)

Firefox version 3.0.11 (en-GB)

=====Suspect Goored Entries=====

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{E616A495-EBCA-4F9D-84B9-D04016D33CA9}

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{775372EE-D619-4557-A9CC-44BB47A03EFA}

=====Dumping Registry Values=====

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.11\extensions]

"Plugins"="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.11\extensions]

"Components"="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions]

"{3f963a5b-e555-4543-90e2-c3908898db71}"="C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Firefox"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions]

"{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}"="C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\"

can anyone explain what to do next, if anything at all with this? alternativly, how can i stop my searches being redirected?

thanks.

Hi,

I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

Please read this article and follow the protocol.

http://spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=23382

Then submit a fresh HijackThis log for my review.

Before you submit your log please

- Close all Windows and Browsers, especially any Firefox Windows.

- Double-click GooredFix.exe on your Desktop (Note: If you are using Vista right-click GooredFix and select Run As Administrator...)

- Select Option#2 - Fix Goored by typing 2 and pressing Enter.

- At the prompt, type y and press Enter.

Submit the logs and let me know what problem persists.

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.